CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mondrian

20th March 2012, 18:55
I think re last weeks Xword that one of my letters must be wrong. If I change the second N to a T I should have the answer. Sorry to bother you about last week`s puzzle on this thread.
11 of 64  -   Report This Post

cantersue

20th March 2012, 18:55
Managed everything except 18 (a)
Any clues please or is something I just won't know?
12 of 64  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

20th March 2012, 18:58
hi cantersue
18a name of the actor who does the voiceover for Grommit (anagram of tireless pal)
13 of 64  -   Report This Post

mondrian

20th March 2012, 19:00
Thanks Jazz girl. I will keep you posted about the wild flower `meadow` It is partly laziness to save me having to cut the grass. But I am looking forward to hopefully seeing more butterflies etc.

This weeks crossword just started so will not seek my usual help yet!!
14 of 64  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

20th March 2012, 19:05
cantersue: re post 13 I should have said Wallace, not Gromit.
Hi again Mondrian
That's a brilliant labour-saving idea, and so good for nature. I saw a Red Admiral in the garden a couple of weeks ago, the first one for ages.
J
15 of 64  -   Report This Post

cantersue

20th March 2012, 21:49
Thanks jazzgirl. Tried an anagram but couldn't see it.
16 of 64  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

21st March 2012, 07:38
I guess you've solved it cantersue. He played the part of Clegg in "Last of the Summer Wine"
17 of 64  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

21st March 2012, 14:22
Good Afternoon, All. A fine day it is too.

What an unusual name for a chunk of cheese. I masnaged to get it through the word ply and by filling in the blanks with what looked like a word, but had to Google for confirmation.

Thank you all for your kind wishes. Yes, the Jag is purring along like a (no so) wee sweetie. The final bill from my local garage was just under £400, a saving of £2000 on the original quote. God bless the wee independent garage.

Best wishes to all.

P
18 of 64  -   Report This Post

old gal

21st March 2012, 16:04
Hi all!
Hello Mondrian - I too didnt finish last week Xword... good luck with your lawn - am just putting loads of moss killer on mine! How are you Navigator? Finished your treatment yet? I always feel like a car having an MOT when I get into a clunky MRI - will be having one in the next few weeks! Pipesmoker - glad your car is running well - mine is off to the MOT soon so fingers crossed. Now - Help please on 24a as cant figure out what the 0.0833 refers to! Also stuck on 12a - feel it is an anagram but I keep coming up with too many letters. 3d - Digger? A mole? Australian? Piece of mechanical equipment????? HELP
19 of 64  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

21st March 2012, 16:52
Hello old gal
I’ve only just come indoors from gardening.
12a supportive (anagram of “icy stem path”
3d the name given to the unpopular work scedule from midnight to 8 a.m.
24a 0.833 as a fraction is 1/12th . The ‘isle’ is the Isle of ***
There are 11 in a cricket team and the “reserve” is known as this.
Hope this has helped. I hope your scan goes well. Best wishes.
J

20 of 64  -   Report This Post