CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT10

mondrian

1st March 2012, 18:18
What a lot of French residents we seem to have acquired. Bienvenue a tous le monde! And welcome to all other newcomers.

Glad to know some are stuck as I am too. Old gal and I are often trailing along at the end. Was going to saw `the cow`s tail` there in view of Old gal having worked at The Royal Showground.

8 Across- colourful glare of publicity
23 Across - pound around new trail of joint material
14Down = For every singer on a horse.

I have every second letter in all three but still cannot get them.

If I dont hear from anyone I may resort to Quick Solve.
41 of 49  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

1st March 2012, 18:31
Hello Mondrian
8a to be in the "-i-e-----" (be the centre of attention) Also name of an old film starring Charlie Chaplin
23 In anatomy, the 'material' around the joints (for pound think of enclosure for an animal in zoo perhaps)+ anag. of trail'
14Down = a breed of heavy horse. See my post for old gal. Hope this helps.
J
42 of 49  -   Report This Post

mondrian

1st March 2012, 18:39
Thanks yet again Jazzgirl. I obviously have two of my down answers wrong!! Will have to go home and rethink.

By the way tried to access your photo but couldn`t as I use a Library computer and it was blocked. When I see my daughter with her laptop will try again to see your photo of the squirrel. Does anyone know if red squirrels do go grey?
43 of 49  -   Report This Post

plodder

1st March 2012, 18:48
My eternal thanks to all those who have not yet finished, I shall plod on rather like 14d knowing that I am not alone in my confusion. However, an indication of whether 4d is 'Distribute' or 'Food delivery' should stir up the very little grey cells.
44 of 49  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

1st March 2012, 18:54
hi plodder
think of "food delivery" ( anagram of "men's wholesale food")

and this is for Mondrian (to save you trawling back)
http://tinyurl.com/7mvtjrr
45 of 49  -   Report This Post

plodder

1st March 2012, 19:01
Thanks jazzgirl I shall get the hang of this crossword one day.!
46 of 49  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

1st March 2012, 19:03
sorry plodder, I should have said anagram of just "mens wholesale".
47 of 49  -   Report This Post

mondrian

3rd March 2012, 11:58
Thank you Jazzgirl for the contact address. Have made a note of it and will try it out. I paint in oils here (sometimes!!) and may one day try to put a photo of one on this site. But don`t hold your breath!!
48 of 49  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

3rd March 2012, 12:05
Good morning Mondrian
I will look forward to seeing that!
Have a good weekend.
J
49 of 49  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT10