CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT10

bees

29th February 2012, 17:51
Hi and Bonjour to all.
Much more straightforward this week. As for 10A, isn't there a line in the 39 Steps about a "one-horse ****"?
21 of 49  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

29th February 2012, 17:54
Bonsoir Blossom, I think you must be in an area where there are many English residents - we certainly cannot buy the RT locally - perhaps we should move! Subscription much, much more reliable these days now the mailing is fulfilled by Pitney Bowes. It was indeed pretty awful before. Re crossword, just stuck on four clues now - I shall get there (but maybe not without a bit of help....)
22 of 49  -   Report This Post

bees

29th February 2012, 18:52
I envy Blossom being able to shop at Leclerc. The one at Saumur even has a husband-creche (i.e. a large bar) inside the store. The Leclerc at Coutances has an air-conditioned wine cellar for its most expensive wines; unfortunately the air-con keeps breaking down.
With the pending huge increase in the price of stamps, should we ask RT to allow us to enter scanned puzzles by e-mail? It would compensate us for the recent huge increase in the price of RT.
23 of 49  -   Report This Post

blossom

29th February 2012, 19:18
yes indeed many english and dutch around here (Lot)but we do have a great choice of supermarches. Thanks for welcome, I shall be back tomorrow once I have my mitts on RT.
24 of 49  -   Report This Post

bees

29th February 2012, 19:45
As we were talking about squirrels last week. I just posted this on Poser of the Day:
When red squirrels get old, do they go grey?
25 of 49  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

29th February 2012, 20:49
'Evening All.

Funny how some people find RT quite easy while others do not, and vice versa on other weeks. I was a bit slow to start this week, but got there in the end. Still had to resort to the dictionary, having never heard of a pord nor whatever that horsey clue was.

Still a car down, having just retrieved my pride and joy from a dealership with a labour rate of £90 per hour. I have bought quite a number of cars for less, complete with MOT and Tax. It is now in the hands of my friendly local garage with charges more in keeping with the common man.

Best wishes to all, especially the sufferers.

P
26 of 49  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

29th February 2012, 21:22
Agreed Pipesmoker - weird isn't it. I found this week quite easy, although being a novice I am still stuck on a couple. I am sure they must be easy, and obvious,as nobody has mentioned them so far, but I am stuck on 3 down and 20 across. Just cannot get my head round them. I give in - hints please? BTW, for fellow residents of France, I am in Indre et Loire (37) - no chance of RT in LeClerc here - a man creche maybe, but the RT - mmmm no..
27 of 49  -   Report This Post

raymond

29th February 2012, 21:42
G'evening 'angelmcm'. I'm a newcomer to this Forum but so pleased to have found you. It's great to be able to chat in this way. I'm no expert but enjoy the R.T. crosword, get stumped sometimes though.! 2d means feather shaped, the colour is a light shade of brown and the tree...think of 'cone'..not necessarily the ice-cream variety.!
28 of 49  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

29th February 2012, 21:53
Gottit Raymond - thank you for that - took me back to my GCE biology days (deciduous leaves - what?)
29 of 49  -   Report This Post

devonian

1st March 2012, 09:56
Hi all - not too bad this week but can't seem to get 8a - if no B in the answer I've got 6d wrong. Hints would be appreciated
30 of 49  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT10