CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mamya

20th January 2012, 23:59
Fits in my opinion.
71 of 134  -   Report This Post

les40

21st January 2012, 02:42
mamya, I have 198 answers and stuck on last 2.

However, now that Trolleyman has commented on number 181 (one of my last two). I have to say that I too have an answer, but didn't put it in because it didn't read right.
Am I on the right track if I suggested that it would read perfectly well if;

A) The words "changes direction" were omitted
OR
B) The word "wind" was omitted and the words "changes direction" were altered to "change direction"

Thanks, Les40
72 of 134  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

21st January 2012, 06:16
@ Les: I think 181 can only read the way it is:it's very funny when you get it!Perhaps you're thinking of something quite different!Hesitate to suggest more at the moment...
73 of 134  -   Report This Post

rabbitlover

21st January 2012, 10:38
I agree greedy kite. Made me laugh out loud when I got it. Mr Macquizzy has a sense of humour!
Les, if you're not certain your answer is right - it isn't.
74 of 134  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

21st January 2012, 14:42
Glad to see a little debate going on. I was worried that everyone was finding this one a little easy!

The Spring Quiz will undoubtedly prove more of a challenge, though. It is 125 names of people associated with music. I've resisted the temptation to include any one of a number of very rude anagrams of 'Ralph Vaughan Williams'! I've completed my final proofread and am about to send to it my two editors for their feedback. I'm planning to launch in on the first Saturday in February.
75 of 134  -   Report This Post

les40

21st January 2012, 17:59
Just logged on, Ah! now you've hinted at a humurous outcome I have got it (got the clue, not IT!) very funny Mr MacQuizzy, I'm just stuck on No 140 now so I hope I finish soon to get it in for the 29th.

Thanks, Les40
76 of 134  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

21st January 2012, 18:08
Well done..I knew you'd get it by the end of the day! You do realise that the closing date isn't until 29th FEBRUARY ! You'll have to stay in risque mode for the missing one.
Cheers
Julie
77 of 134  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

21st January 2012, 18:21
Les: remember 140 is the "dirty" one that amused some ladies here a while ago --- no doubt differently pronounced, it's in S. Yorks!
78 of 134  -   Report This Post

maisiep

21st January 2012, 18:41
Julie you're back! Did you send away the nasty drug dealer at the High Court this week or had you finished?
79 of 134  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

21st January 2012, 19:09
Hi Maisie,
No..it was third time LUCKY for me and my number didn't come out of the jar this time. I was so relieved as we were warned that it would go into a second week. It was the case before Friday's P&J one.. attempted murder, drug dealing and driving while disqualified. Verdict "not proven" on the first count, after 2+hrs of deliberation by the jury. Glad I wasn't there - he has previous. I've been on jury twice before so reckon I've done my bit.
Thanks for asking
Cheers Julie
80 of 134  -   Report This Post