CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

julie, aberdeen

27th February 2012, 21:22
Hello keenquizzer,
I am not registered on AB and was disappointed to hear that so many answers had been given out on that site, particularly, as when the Macmillan January Quiz was first advertised on AB Mr MacQuizzy asked that "Answerbank users are requested to kindly refrain from seeking or giving answers to this quiz, but this does not preclude the odd hint being posted during the week before the closing date". As you know The Crossword Forum is mainly used by crossword solvers but many of us also do quizzes. I noticed your recent warning to us about us not giving out answers to the soon to be released "Rainbow Quiz". I have never done one and 99% of the contributors to this site won't have a clue what a Rainbow Quiz is until they unwittingly give out answers to someone who hasn't been upfront enough to give the title of the quiz. Even if the title is given they wouldn't know it was a newly issued quiz for charity. Is this the charity quiz that was once in danger of being discontinued because so many questions were answered (when the quiz had still 2 months to run) that it was damaging quiz sales and therefore donations to the charity ? I don't know how you avoid that unless you or a rep of the charity are going to "police" the site.
We do experience times when droves of people with unfamiliar names appear with a list of 40 consecutive questions. Any ideas ?
Cheers
Julie
131 of 134  -   Report This Post

keenquizzer

27th February 2012, 22:50
No thats not the rainbow quiz
I am not sure what that was but I know there was one
The last rainbow quiz was for the spinal injuries association and was called put your L plates on
At one stage there were over 200 pages on here and yes it started out as clues but as the closing date got nearer that turned into answers
I dont think there is an answer but I do think that when a setter says dont ask till a certain date and then clues only it would be good if people stuck to that and I saw it said that for the January quiz on AB but the editor certainly let it go on and on
I know that as this is or was a crossword forum most of you dont know which quiz it is from or when it closes or what charity the money is for
and trevor I wasnt being rude if you find me irksome I'm sorry
132 of 134  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

27th February 2012, 23:17
Hi Teenieleek,
Forget dear Trev - he finds most people "irksome" most times - but he's really "a lovie"
J
133 of 134  -   Report This Post

trevor

27th February 2012, 23:43
Dear,J'Aberdee-doodah.
shirley you mean keenquizer?
and what you say about me just aint true.

right now i am flicking the V's and shouting the word Balls.(simon cowell came on ...yuk.)
134 of 134  -   Report This Post