CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT43

pipesmoker

18th October 2011, 11:39
Good Morning, All.

Not too difficult this week. I am grateful for anagrams which help me toward television programmes I have never watched.

I will now have to go and collect my daily paper to satisfy my crossword addiction. This involves walking about twenty feet in the rain, to get to my car, and the same distance from car to house when I return. Still, don't worry about me, I might be all right.

Best wishes for now.

P
1 of 46  -   Report This Post

chips

18th October 2011, 11:49
I hope you survived your epic journey.
2 of 46  -   Report This Post

the joker

18th October 2011, 11:56
Good morning Pipesmoker.
I trust your mission was accomplished successfully and you are now settled comfortably with your daily crossword and pipe replenished with condor.
Some of us have a very tough life!
Regards
TJ
3 of 46  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

18th October 2011, 12:15
Thank you, both. I have returned, bald head protected by the hood on my jacket. While I was out, a sea gull decided to decorated the bonnet of my car. There are quite a few cars in the street. Why mine? Still, it could have landed on said bald head, so all is not lost.

Have a good day.

P
4 of 46  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

18th October 2011, 12:33
Hi Pipesmoker,

I'm glad that you're surviving the awful weather which you're experiencing up there and it's a rather unpleasant day down here in Cheshire too. Which reminds me: where's Nimrod got to in recent weeks?

I thought that that was a rather pleasant crossword to brighten a gloomy morning and the answer to 14d was cleverly buried - I almost missed it.

May I recommend that you read Alison Graham's article on page 51 because I concur totally with what she's written. I've just tweeted her [and I never thought that I would start a sentence like that] and, bless her, she's responded directly so we're obviously kindred spirits.

With best wishes to you and the rest of our merry band,

Caravaggio
5 of 46  -   Report This Post

magworth

18th October 2011, 13:06
Totally agree re Autumnwatch. Last week I told a friend that the presenters must have frightened away all the wildlife for miles around.
I wish we`d get some of Pipesmoker`s rain here - the ground is like iron. We`ve had no significant rain for weeks - or possibly months.
6 of 46  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

18th October 2011, 14:25
Hi Magworth,

I enjoyed Springwatch when it first started, although I found Bill Oddie slightly irritating as a lot of other people did, but I faithfully tuned in every evening to watch it.

Since Simon King's disappearance, which has never been explained as far as I can recall, the programmes have deteriorated and, when I learned that KH wasn't going to be appearing in Autumnwatch, I feared the worst. I haven't watched the new series and, after Alison Graham's comments, I don't intend to...

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
7 of 46  -   Report This Post

magworth

18th October 2011, 14:37
Hello Caravaggio, I believe the much-missed Simon King has been making more of his overseas programmes, like Big Cat Diary.
I wish i`d chosen an artistic pseudonym like you and Mondrian. You have my favourite so I could have had Artemesia (Gentileschi). Such an unusually powerful female painter.
Best wishes.
8 of 46  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

18th October 2011, 15:55
Hello fellow RT-ers
I will pick up my RT tomorrow, so am purposely ignoring all threads where answers may be shown!
Brain hurting, as I am trying to get to grips with new camera. Lovely and warm and sunny down here so making the most of it before the cold "snap" (excuse pun) arrives.
My usual good wishes to Pipesmoker, Old Gal, Navigator, and anyone else who would like to receive them.
Back soon...... Jazzgirl
9 of 46  -   Report This Post

lilacwine

18th October 2011, 17:03
Hello, I found it easy going until I got to two stinkers (well, for me at any rate) so would appreciate a bit of help.
13d Comedian in near disarray, like a composer.9 letters - I have ???N?R?A?

15a For unearthing Italy's treachery. 7 letters - I have ???S?T?
10 of 46  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT43