CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT43

old gal

18th October 2011, 17:32
Hi all! Sorry some of you had bad weather - it has been lovely and sunny, albeit a bit windy. Put a hat on when I went out as I have a dread of my hair blowing off.... Then I too shall be like Pipesmoker! Made a start on the crossword but no doubt will be wingeing for clues in a couple of days. I am a big Alison Graham fan as she seems to put into words exactly what I am feeling - I almost feel she is me!!!! Didn't watch Autumnwatch this year!
11 of 46  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

18th October 2011, 17:44
Hi Lilacwine,

Welcome! The first answer relates to a famous German composer and the first part of the answer is a three-letter synonym for a comedian [although I would suggest it's with sarcastic undertones] followed by an anagram of two words in the clue.

The second answer is the letter 'f' followed by an anagram of 'Italy's'.

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
12 of 46  -   Report This Post

lainey

18th October 2011, 17:45
Hello all, lovely sunshine here in Snorbens - chilly but no rain (much needed!).

Lilacwine - you have all the right letters, 13D another name for a comedian plus anagram of 'in near'. 15A is another anagram - F(or) plus Italys - hope that helps!

Best wishes to all!
13 of 46  -   Report This Post

lainey

18th October 2011, 17:46
Well done Caravaggio - you beat me to it!
14 of 46  -   Report This Post

gypsygirl

18th October 2011, 17:46
good afternoon everyone, thanks for the words of welcome, you all seem such nice people.Had to go out this afternoon ( and wore a winter hat for the first time this year)but had a quick look at the clues and wrote the first half dozen in straight away. That flu jab that's given me a cold must have been good for the brain.
15 of 46  -   Report This Post

lilacwine

18th October 2011, 17:50
thanks for the help Lainey and Carvaggio and the lovely welcome. With your help I got them straight away - doh!
gypsygirl, I hope your cold gets better soon, I am suffering too! had it for almost 5 weeks now and am fed up with it to say the least.
16 of 46  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

18th October 2011, 17:50
Hi Old Gal,

I'm pleased to note that, despite your trials and tribulations, you haven't lost your sense of humour!

As you've not watched Autumnwatch, you'll be pleased to know that you've not missed anything, other than throwing something at the television set when the three presenters are on-screen...

With kind regards,

Caravaggio
17 of 46  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

18th October 2011, 17:54
Hi Lainey and Gypsygirl,

I'd just like to reassure you that I don't lie in wait for someone to post a message on this thread! It just happens that I've logged on briefly and there's a lot of 'traffic' at the moment.

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
18 of 46  -   Report This Post

charlotte

19th October 2011, 11:09
Hi everyone.

To those of who are suffering from lack of rain...why dont you come up here and share some of ours? :)

Re 43.I didn't get a chance to look until latish last evening.I raced through it with not too much bother.Is it easier this week? Only 2 to go...23A & 14D...I'm still working on them.

Charlotte
19 of 46  -   Report This Post

mondrian

19th October 2011, 12:44
Lilacwine. You are most welcome and happy crossword solving.

Magworth. It was Caravaggio himself (with his choice of name indicating light and shade) who prompted me to seek an artistic name with some crossword significance. Hence I arrived at Mondrian some of whose paintings slightly resemble the grid of a crossword. However Artemesia is a beautiful sounding name as well as artist.

I too have noticed the absence of Nimrod and now Wee Jock too. Always glad to read Old gal`s contribution. She and I often bring up the rear in crossword solving!!

Meanwile I am stuck on 5D `Far-seeing little academic heard reversing name` and 1D `Doctor retains a late-starting servant`

Wish we could export some of our rain in Srathclyde, except of course for today which is a lovely sunny Autumn day for once.

I too like Countryfile and now Antiques Roadshow at 5.15 daily.
20 of 46  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT43