CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT43

lainey

19th October 2011, 13:18
Hello all from a still rainless part of Hertfordshire. Mondrian 1D - think of a non-human doctor, 5D sounds like a shortened university chap with another word to quote backwards at the end. Not sure I've explained that very well but it may help.

Best wishes,

Lainey
21 of 46  -   Report This Post

old gal

19th October 2011, 13:31
Hello Mondrian and welcome all newcomers! Yes, M, I'm still straggling along.....Am also stuck on 5d and 1d. Also does 21a end in an O? Lovely sunny morning where I am but clouding over now. Have to go out - wearing hat as it is windy. Hi Pipesmoker! Glad to hear you escaped bird marking!
22 of 46  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

19th October 2011, 13:41
Good day
(but not for me, as I was struggling and have only just finished)
Those Royal Engineers turned up again (they were in Saturday's crossword and I should have remembered, but sadly I forgot)
Although I have an answer for 17d, I still cannot see the wordplay apart from the "yet"!
This is just not my week :(
However, the sun is shining and I am off out for some fresh air :)
Jazzgirl
23 of 46  -   Report This Post

magworth

19th October 2011, 13:47
Jazzgirl. Yet begins....it`s the first letter of `yet`. Good luck !
24 of 46  -   Report This Post

magworth

19th October 2011, 13:51
Sorry Jazzgirl - the `y` was the bit you`ve got. No, I haven`t worked out the wordplay either. There is `puts` backwards but that isn`t `throws` and the only `note` if f as far as I can see. Perhaps someone can enlighten us ?
25 of 46  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

19th October 2011, 14:05
Good Afternoon, All.
Magworth, Quite literally puts backward. Read it from back to front.

Caravaggio, Yes, I agree with the comments made re Autumn Watch. I like clever humour, and good wit, but simply switch off the inane.

Hope all are well.

P
26 of 46  -   Report This Post

lainey

19th October 2011, 14:12
Hello Old Gal, yes 21A does end with 'O'.

Best wishes Lainey
27 of 46  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

19th October 2011, 15:30
Thanks Magworth and Pipesmoker,re 17D
Put (as a noun) = "a throw of the shot or weight" so the wordplay is "puts" backwards + notes (e and f )then Y . Hooray.
No more crosswords for me today.
Jazzgirl
28 of 46  -   Report This Post

magworth

19th October 2011, 18:25
Jazzgirl and Pipesmoker. I am an idiot !! I spelled stupefy `stupify`. I used to have a photographic memory for spelling. No longer....
29 of 46  -   Report This Post

bees

19th October 2011, 21:50
Phew! I've been trying to log in for two weeks but forgot my password and it wouldn't appear. I think I forgot my capital B in Bees.
Best of health to all, thanks to those who explained 13D.
30 of 46  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT43