CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT43

jazzgirl

20th October 2011, 13:43
Hello Bees
welcome home to the hive.
We had no idea that you'd lost your "way back" and thought you were just enjoying foraging for more nectar. :)
31 of 46  -   Report This Post

old gal

20th October 2011, 17:04
Right folks - enough of this social chitchat, I need some serious help!!! Any further clues - not too cryptic please - to 8d,22a,6d please please please! Yours in desperation. Old Gal (wish I had picked a better name - descriptive of me, but not very glamorous!)
32 of 46  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

20th October 2011, 17:35
Hello old gal
I've only just arrived home and found your desperate message. So here's hoping I can help.
6d is a little white flower (think Sound of Music)
22a another word for "importance"
when something needs urgent attention you would give the matter ********
33 of 46  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

20th October 2011, 17:40
Oops, forgot 8d
the second word is an amount of money (which also means any major city of a country) This may give you a clue as to the first word ?
34 of 46  -   Report This Post

bees

21st October 2011, 19:01
Hi Jazzgirl,
I've had to reset my password now.
I didn't go away in pursuit of honey. My wife won't let me.
35 of 46  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

22nd October 2011, 11:56
Hi, Folks.

Just a note to say that I have won another Catholic Herald prize.

I would commend this crossword to you all, irrespective of your persuasion. In fact, there are two crosswords on the same grid. One quick and one cryptic. They are happy to accept a photocopy for one of your entries. Two prizes are offered for each, so the odds on winning are quite high. I won with my first submission in 2005, and since then have picked up more than fifty prizes.

The crosswords are interesting, answers don't just trip of your tongue, and sometimes a bit of research is required.

Hope you all have a nice day. Weatherwise, the West Coast is pretty dreich.

P
36 of 46  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

22nd October 2011, 12:55
Congratulations and well done, Pipesmoker!
I had to look up "dreich" and guessed it was of Scots origin. The sound of the word says it all - not very pleasant. It is 13c here, sunny and clear blue skies. I have been in the park, where one red deer stag looked exhausted after the recent rut. He simply wanted to graze and lie down in the bracken which is now turning to its autumn colours.
Have a good weekend all.

37 of 46  -   Report This Post

mondrian

22nd October 2011, 13:00
Glad to see u back with us Bees. Hope some of the others who have been missing for a while return too, in particular Navigator (who has been ill).

Pipesmoker, on your previous recommendation I tried the Xword in The Catholic Herald and couldn`t do it (too many OT references for me). However, if I did resart and by some miracle actually won, I would not feel happy depriving you of your 51st prize!!!
38 of 46  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

22nd October 2011, 13:39
Hi, jazzgirl.

Yes, it is one of those Scots words which really sums up the weather on a day like this.

It is very nice to see animals in the wild. When we go up north, I like to be on the road early in the morning, when the chances of seeing a deer or a pole cat or a fox are most favourable.

Mondrian, please keep on trying. We can help each other with the more obscure clues, and there are plenty of prizes to go round. Last week, it was won by Lady somebodyorother, so you could be in fine company.

Lest I seem boastful, I had a mistake in one of the crosswords last week, so I don't always win. The target is to win the Catholic Herald and the Catholic Observer in the same week. I have managed this on a couple of occasions. The Observer is much easier, but less satisfying. Added to which, they only give one prize per week, so it is more difficult to win.

Hope all are well, including Old Gal, who should tie her bonnet under her chin, if her weather is anything like ours.

Best wishes for now.

P
39 of 46  -   Report This Post

molly

22nd October 2011, 14:03
I thought I was very clever this week, but then I got stuck on 23a and 14d - same as Charlotte on the 19th according to her post! I'm still stuck, are you Charlotte? Clues welcome please.
40 of 46  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT43