CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mr.light

8th October 2011, 21:13
Cheers jazzgirl - just had a thought - could scar be the cliff, with north north east inside...?
No deer round here !! - we do get the occasional muntjack in the fields.
41 of 58  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th October 2011, 21:19
Your explanation sounds more like it, Mr Light !
42 of 58  -   Report This Post

magworth

8th October 2011, 22:22
Jazzgirl. How do you do the Cryptic AND the 2, please? I`d like to try that - but do you buy two copies of the paper ? Or perhaps do one lot in red and one in black? I`m intrigued.
Someone was badly injured by a rutting deer recently - but she had ignored the warning signs.
43 of 58  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

9th October 2011, 07:59
Good morning Magworth (if you are up early again) I scan the Jumbo and print off a copy. (using a Canoscan Lide 100) but I find the image is not particularly good because of the newsprint. (Or maybe I haven't got the settings right!) Any advice welcome :)
44 of 58  -   Report This Post

magworth

9th October 2011, 10:09
Good morning Jazzgirl. THank you for the advice. I`m somewhat technologically challenged - but could get the puzzle photocopied, I suppose. I hope you got your photographs.
45 of 58  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

9th October 2011, 11:17
Good Morning, All, and my thanks for all your good wishes. My word, am I not late getting my tuppenceworth in this week.

Yesterday, a group of people from my granddaughter's church in Glasgow were doing a sponsored cycle round the island, and the plan was that the poor sodden bunch should come to us for a cup of coffee, after their circuit.

Now, convention dictates that when people visit Pipesmoker Palace, they must leave with the conviction that the inmates know not what a speck of dust might look like, a place where pictures, paintings and photographs never hang squint on the wall, and where the resident pipesmoker sits around in his best bib and tucker, all Saturday morning.

So it came to pass that anything within the reach and wrath of Mrs P was summarily dumped in the bin. All of which brings me neatly to the point of this ramble. The copy of RT41, which I completed without too much hassle on Tuesday, and laid aside while I saved up for a stamp to post it off, was unceremoniously dumped in the the bin, together with any other bits and pieces I had left behind me. Now, I must needs seek out the Radio Times, copy the crossword again, and hope that I can remember what I have written in the wee squares.

Do any of my fellow contributors suffer thus?

Best wishes to all, for now.

P
46 of 58  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

9th October 2011, 11:56
Good morning pipesmoker
Good to see you. We were about to send out a search party !
I'm afraid my husband used to suffer the same effects of my tidying, if visitors were expected, with him enquiring "What time is the Queen due"? Even his favourite pipe-smoker's ashtray (the one with the cork in the middle) was unrecognizably squeaky clean and odourless.
I am sure you will remember all the answers to RT but there is always the Chris Mart website should you need !
Have a good day.
47 of 58  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

10th October 2011, 14:33
Thanks, jazzgirl.

Well, would you Adam and Eve it? (spoken in my best sophisticated Lanarkshire accent). That nice Mrs P, to whom I am related by marriage, had actually filed my crossword away carefully, lest one of the visitors sat on it - so she says. To think, I was maligning the poor soul. So all I have to do now is stick it in the post.

Hope you are having a good day. Not exactly summer weather here, but better than it was.

Best wishes.

P
48 of 58  -   Report This Post

r ambler

10th October 2011, 14:42
From Michael Winner's column.

A man is incomplete until he is married. Then he's truly finished.
49 of 58  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

10th October 2011, 14:45
How very true, Mog, but I know my place - two paces behind.
50 of 58  -   Report This Post