CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

7th October 2011, 11:23
Good morning Mondrian
Your reasoning on 15A is exactly right!
re 24A. Charlotte's post 14 is very good.
The alternative sword for a horse, would be the one used by a Knight (on his trusty *****) + e (for electronic) and a 3-letter word for a place where sheep would be held.
Is that even more confusing ?!

All the best
Jazzgirl
21 of 58  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

7th October 2011, 11:25
*my typo didn't help did it.
alternative word (not sword)
22 of 58  -   Report This Post

mondrian

7th October 2011, 11:49
Thanks for your help Jazzgirl. But somehow the proverbial penny has not yet dropped here. It often does as I walk home, so heres hoping.
23 of 58  -   Report This Post

magworth

7th October 2011, 11:51
Mondrian
15 ac. Think of an altarpiece in two parts. In three it`s a triptych, so .................!
24 of 58  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

7th October 2011, 12:09
Mondrian
Is it just 24A causing problems?
A walk does wonders for the brain, but if the hill became harder to climb, then possibly it would have ********* !
25 of 58  -   Report This Post

magworth

7th October 2011, 14:14
24 ac. The compiler - as often - is being a bit mischievous. No one would normally use this word; we`d say `The hill has got s------`.
26 of 58  -   Report This Post

magworth

7th October 2011, 14:17
Song. If that annoying voice sings `Thank you for the day` once more when I am looking at the forum this laptop is going to fly across the room! Is is happening to others?
27 of 58  -   Report This Post

old gal

7th October 2011, 19:15
Not to me Magworth! Hi all - am being particularly stupid this week and have only got 3 clues - blame in on the chemotherapy!!! Have read all your clues but am still struggling so will put it away and try again tomorrow morning when not so tired! Thanks for all your good wishes - nice to see you newcomers and hi Mondrian! We had rain rainbows and sunshine today but enjoyed it.
28 of 58  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

7th October 2011, 19:19
Good to hear from you old gal.
The advert distracting me at the moment is an old boy (Wonga) in his pyjamas, pushing something along the screen and then pushing it back again. Grrr
29 of 58  -   Report This Post

magworth

8th October 2011, 08:22
Old Gal. Have you had tattoos with your chemo ? A friend of mine had these and said now at last she is as `cool` as her grandchildren ! Her hair grew back beautifully very quickly after the last chemo. Best wishes to you - I am also a `survivor`.
Sorry this is not crossword related.
30 of 58  -   Report This Post