CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

8th October 2011, 09:18
Good morning and good weekend.
Magworth, you were up bright and early while I overslept (again). It is heart-warming to hear that you "beat it" and I wish you continued good health.
Old gal, hope you are not so tired this morning and good luck with the RT.
Looking forward to the 2 Jumbos as usual, but will not start on them til later, as I am off out with my camera, wildlife/nature photography being my main hobby.
Happy solving.
31 of 58  -   Report This Post

mondrian

8th October 2011, 13:17
So pleased to have you back with us Old gal. Hope you had a good rest last night and are now feeling a little better. Re the crossword I did not find it easy - but then I hardly ever do. You and I are often at the tail end of the solvers.

Caravaggio I hope you are not so overcome with joy at the Welsh success in New Zealand that you abandon us!! Well done Wales anyway - not that I watch rugby.
32 of 58  -   Report This Post

mondrian

8th October 2011, 13:32
Once I got 24A which did indeed happen on my way home yesterday. Fresh air does wonders! However I have still not finished as I am puzzled by 19D `Pursue outside, large and shiny`. Have cheated (again) and looked at Quick Solve (with my 2 letters) but nothing suggests an answer. I`m sure some of you clever people can help. Hope you get some good photos Jazzgirl. What area are you, if you do not mind revealing that to us all.
33 of 58  -   Report This Post

magworth

8th October 2011, 13:56
Mondrian. It`s always those short words that are the worst ! Instead of `chase` think of `look for` as in `Hide and s---`.
Jazzgirl - I was up early, but not bright! Just a poor sleeper. So... you can add photography to your many talents.
I`m stuck on a couple in Times 2 Jumbo but will press on for a bit.
34 of 58  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th October 2011, 17:45
Hello , I'm back home and trawling through all the forum threads to see what I've missed. I did the Jumbo(GK)quite quickly, but will not start the Cryptic until Sunday.
Yes, I got some good shots of red deer. I am within easy reach of one of the Royal parks so very lucky to be able to wander amongst the red and fallow deer whenever I wish. I still haven't managed to get a shot of two rival stags locking antlers, despite several seasons of trying. It's a dangerous pursuit this time of year, as the rut is in full swing. But I know when to keep my distance. Nuff for now. Best wishes to all.
35 of 58  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

8th October 2011, 19:39
Good evening to you all,

Mondrian:

You know me so well! My cup overfloweth but I'm not tempted to get up again at 5.30 tomorrow morning. I believe that it's a fallacy that you need less sleep as you get older because I don't feel 'right' unless I have eight hours - and I've lost an hour today.

Jazzgirl:

What a talented lady you are! You might already know that one of the chosen photographs for the 2012 Countryfile calendar is of a blue tit leaving the nestbox. I have a series of prints of blue tits leaving my box but I never considered sending in one of mine. C'est la vie!

Before I forget - the crossword. I didn't have any problems with this puzzle and I fancy having a go at the Wordfinder as I like the sound of that no-nonsense mobile 'phone.

With best wishes to you all and particularly to Old Gal, Pipesmoker and Navigator.

Caravaggio
36 of 58  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th October 2011, 19:47
I'm getting embarrassed now. I am no way talented, just enjoying my hobbies like other people. Having seen some of the magnificent entries for countryfile, I am in awe of them. You also have not heard me practising my music... you would need earplugs!!
I have started the Jumbo cryptic but only managed 4 so far. Finding it really hard. :(
37 of 58  -   Report This Post

mr.light

8th October 2011, 20:27
Hi all - have the answer for 16ac, but just can't see where "cliff" fits in...?
ps - just read elsewhere about the dangers of getting too close to rutting deers !!
38 of 58  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th October 2011, 20:46
Hi Mr Light
I also had the answer, and assumed that Cliff was the singer C.R. plus direction S.E. and I guessed the rest ! Waiting for someone to clarify it.
re the rutting deer, the stags will not attack people intentionally; they are only interested in collecting a harem, or fighting a rival stag. But if you are in their path, then you will get the consequences. There are deer-warning notices in special areas and I get quite annoyed when people choose to ignore them. Today, the "paparazzi" were out in full, surrounding the bracken where a couple of the stags were eyeing each other. The atmosphere was electric and the bellowing was just wonderful. I must stop ramblingn:)
39 of 58  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th October 2011, 20:48
*another typo (again!)
40 of 58  -   Report This Post