CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

caravaggio

22nd September 2011, 20:21
Old Girl:

"Let us all hope that Old Gal puts in an appearance as well." I've just copied and pasted that sentence from my first post. And it came to pass...

I'm delighted that you're back with us and that you've won your battle. Like Jazzgirl, I too have friends who've lost their hair because of the chemotherapy but when it grew back it was thicker and curlier.

Keep smiling!

With very best wishes,

Caravaggio
41 of 52  -   Report This Post

wendy

22nd September 2011, 20:36
Forgive the intrusion Old Gal because we've never been formally introduced but I was well aware that you hadn't posted for a while.

May I add my thoughts to those who wish you good luck and good health.

I look forward to hearing of your continued progress.
42 of 52  -   Report This Post

old gal

22nd September 2011, 21:21
Thanks for all your kind wishes! Also for the hint re 11a (which I had actually already got, meant to ask about 4d - this is the clue that really has me stumped. Does the Brent refer to Ricky Gervais in any way?
43 of 52  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

22nd September 2011, 21:24
Hello old gal
Yes, definitely !
"grave,risk,icy" is an anagram of you know who :)
44 of 52  -   Report This Post

pastille

22nd September 2011, 21:36
Old Girl...

One of my close friends is going through something similar just now...

She can whip up an amazing turban from soft cotton scarf and strips of cotton (layering looks good~)When up the allotment she has a headscarf tied at the back with a straw Stetson...looks the business.

If she can't be bothered...it's on with the lippy,huge sunglasses and a confident strut.

Thinking of you,

p@
45 of 52  -   Report This Post

pastille

22nd September 2011, 21:41
Sorry why did I say Old Girl???

Old gal.....as before! x
46 of 52  -   Report This Post

mish

22nd September 2011, 22:19
My best wishes to you oldgal- I have followed your comments and progress on here for awhile- always good to see you on this thread.

Wendy- anything is possible here, as you very well know... we may very well be related!!! Or know one another.

As for this week- am stuck on a few- but not giving in yet.
47 of 52  -   Report This Post

magworth

22nd September 2011, 23:00
Caravaggio. It`s the Queen`s Theatre, Hornchurch. It has a large foyer with a small bar serving light food
, so you have lunch while you listen. The band is `Pete Corrigan and his Band of Hope`. It`s been playing there for nearly 30 years. Sometimes they have guest players. Now you may have me as an `Essex girl` but i`m
actually Welsh!
48 of 52  -   Report This Post

mondrian

23rd September 2011, 14:20
Wonderful to have to back with us Old gal. Really, really good news. Treat yourself to lots of new hats and get ready to have curly hair eventually, if you don`t already!

In your absence Pipesmoker has started a new thread asking for our 8 desert island discs. Something other than crosswords for you to think about. I will look forward to reading your contribution. Meantime keep getting well.
49 of 52  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

23rd September 2011, 15:26
Thanks, Mondrian.

Welcome back, Old Gal. Remember bald is beautiful, as I tell myself when I look in the mirror. Glad you are making progress.

P
50 of 52  -   Report This Post