CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mondrian

21st September 2011, 13:12
Navigator - glad to see you back with us and so quickly off the mark! Good health to you and Old gal and Pipesmoker. I agree with you about the dreadful weather today. Hope tomorrow is a bit better.

Wendy - how lovely to have heard the late great Jacqueline du Pre. She really made Elgar`s cello concerto her own, as they say. By the way are you the same Wendy whom we have to thank for initiating the `cleaning up` of this site? If so many thanks.

Caravaggio thanks for the tip about the anagramm solver. I suspect I shall be a frequent user of it!

Meantime I am stuck on 16A - `Foot slogger` and 24A `Fill in map`. I only got the plant by consulting a gardening book.
21 of 52  -   Report This Post

magworth

21st September 2011, 13:20
Mondrian - trekker and imbue (first letters
of words in clue) Happy solving !
22 of 52  -   Report This Post

nimrod

21st September 2011, 13:23
Mondrian:
For 16A: Think about the fans of James T Kirk & his ship - but change the ending of the word.
Regards
NIMROD
23 of 52  -   Report This Post

nimrod

21st September 2011, 13:29
Sorry,too slow on the typing (again - this happens to me a lot!) as I see you have the answers!
I would have tried to steer you to looking at the initial letters (at first) of the clue:
"In Map By Using Emerald"
just in case you were wondering how Magworth reached the answer!
Regards,
NIMROD
24 of 52  -   Report This Post

mondrian

21st September 2011, 13:34
Thank you Nimrod. It is so obvious when one has the answer. Hope you have noticed Pipesmokers new thread re one`s 8 desert island discs. I am sure your selection will be most interesting and enlightening with your musical background, if I am remembering corectly
25 of 52  -   Report This Post

mish

21st September 2011, 13:41
Wendy-
I have lurked here for quite a long time reading all the comments every week- I usually attempt the RT each week and have found a lot of help here, so thank you everyone.
I am from Jersey too- and the RT is usually on sale at lunchtime on Tuesday- do you have yours posted to you?
26 of 52  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

21st September 2011, 15:51
Good afternoon all
I picked up my RT at 12.30, sat staring at it through lunch with no inspiration whatever. Then, finally started to fill in a few. Have just this minute finished.
I wish to thank Wee Jock (xx from me)for the clue on 14D otherwise I would still be no wiser.(even though there was one such shrub in the garden until last Winter when the snow brought it down)
Thanks to Magworth for confirming that my 24d was correct.
Welcome to mish - it's always good to see a newcomer to this thread.
The sun is shining here, so off to do a few light jobs in the garden. Hope you are all having a good day.
Jazzgirl
27 of 52  -   Report This Post

bees

21st September 2011, 17:00
Hi, Best of health to all!
If you're looking for laid-back music, please give Einaudi a try. It will relax you to a near coma. He did a tour last year, just him and a piano, wonderful! The only trouble is you can't tell the tunes apart.
28 of 52  -   Report This Post

wee jock

22nd September 2011, 00:21
Mr MAGWOTH

NAUGHTY,NAUGHTY!

May I respectfully request that you refrain from giving straight answers to clues on this site. I hope you understand why.
Dear Friend,we dont sing that kinda moosic.

NUFF SAID
NO OFFENCE INTENDED
WJ
29 of 52  -   Report This Post

magworth

22nd September 2011, 13:31
Sorry Wee Jock - I thought Mondrian was really stuck. I`m a Mrs by the way !
30 of 52  -   Report This Post