CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

20th September 2011, 17:02
Hello Wendy
It's a shame there is no way of sending attachments to each other, on this site, or I could send you a digital photo of the crossword page.
I can't think of any other way for you to see it, but maybe someone has an idea.
Kind regards
Jazzgirl
11 of 52  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

20th September 2011, 17:41
Hi Wendy, I wondered if it would be possible to scan the RT crossword, then copy & paste it onto here, but I did a trial run with an on-line crossword and the grid wouldn't display. Sorry.
12 of 52  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

20th September 2011, 21:03
Mrs Trellis:

You mentioned the Wordfinder earlier and, to save yourself tearing out your hair, if you'd care to use this site then your problems will be solved:

https://www.crosswordsolver.org/anagram-solver/

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
13 of 52  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

20th September 2011, 21:46
Thank you so much Caravaggio, that worked wonders. Don't know why I have such trouble with Wordfinder. C'est la vie!
14 of 52  -   Report This Post

wee jock

21st September 2011, 00:19
HOWDY FOLKS
Nice to see you again NAVIGATOR getting us off this week in good style.GOOD HEALTH to you and keep taking the tablets.
BEST GREETINGS TO ALL
Quite an easy puzzle this week but no insult to the inteligence with some neat and witty clues.The only one I had a little with was 14d Touches an exotic plant,but fiddling with
the letters of the anagram(hint)I got the
answer.
So CLASSICAL MUSIC seems to be the topic of
conversation this week so where do I begin.
With a link to last weeks CLARINET PLAYERS might I introduce one of my favourite pieces
of chamber music,MOZART'S CLARINET QUINTET,
which, as a matter off interest BENNY GOODMAN
played straight in the CARNEGIE HALL and made a very good job of it. CHECK IT OUT!

NUFF SAID THE NOO
OLDGAL TEN TIMES
WEE JOCK
15 of 52  -   Report This Post

wendy

21st September 2011, 08:05
Mrs. Trellis,

Thanks for trying.
16 of 52  -   Report This Post

magworth

21st September 2011, 08:33
To Jazzgirl. I wish I`d thought of an interesting pseudonym instead of the one I use for the gas bill etc !
We have Sunday lunchtime Trad. jazz in the local theatre foyer - I love it!
RT 39 a bit disappointing - no challenge.
17 of 52  -   Report This Post

magworth

21st September 2011, 08:35
Exotic plant - I`d never have got it - but I actually bought one a few days ago!
18 of 52  -   Report This Post

magworth

21st September 2011, 08:37
Sorry - me again ! Mrs Trellis - I assume you live in North Wales? I lived at RAF Valley for six years.
19 of 52  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

21st September 2011, 10:55
Good Morning All.

A right miserable day it is here too. However, I am delighted that you are all music lovers. I have quite a wide taste in music, especially light classical. My favourite piece is Mozart's Laudate Dominum.

My car is old enough still to have a six changer CD, if you don't mind crawling about the boot to insert new discs. At the moment it is loaded up with John Denver, Jim Reeves, Beniamino Gigli, Jussi Bjoerling, Peter Mallan and The Clancy Brothers. This last one contains many songs which, if played anywhere near Ibrox, could have me incarcerated or incinerated, depending upon which group grabbed me first.

It would be good if we could start a separate thread to list our personal desert island disc choices.

Hope you all have a good day, despite the weather.

P
20 of 52  -   Report This Post