CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

caravaggio

22nd September 2011, 14:33
Magworth[/b}:

You're welcome here and I've noted your comment on another thread and totally agree. I shared your reaction when I realised what the answer was and thought, "Not that again!"

Incidentally, I have an album titled 'Down On The Bayou' which is by Chris Barber Jazz & Blues Band and you may well remember him as a Traditional Jazz artist. I've no idea when the title of the band was modified but bought the album based on the title track being played on Paul Jones's show on Radio 2 one Monday night.

I'm intrigued to know to which theatre you're referring!

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
31 of 52  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

22nd September 2011, 14:36
Well I messed that up completely didn't I? My apologies for the whole of the text being in bold lettering.
32 of 52  -   Report This Post

mondrian

22nd September 2011, 14:39
Magworth. Thanks for your help earlier and welcome to this site. It is usually a pretty safe bet to assume that Mondrian `is really stuck` as it is a frequent occurrence!!
33 of 52  -   Report This Post

wendy

22nd September 2011, 14:39
Mish,

Fancy you being in Jersey too. No, I don't have the RT posted, so I've never even seen the puzzle. We used to get the RT but now that all the TV progs and films are listed on Sky we don't buy it any more.

Just think - we could even be related!
34 of 52  -   Report This Post

old gal

22nd September 2011, 17:46
Hello all! Well I'm bad, I'm back, and I'm soon to be bald! Yes, having been disembowled (Almost!) I am now clear of cancer but will have to have 4 more chemo doses to make sure! Unfortunately, resulting in bald head so come on you chaps, any advice!!! Have got about half way thru the crossword - 11a what is that all about???????
35 of 52  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

22nd September 2011, 18:00
Hello dear old gal
It's so good to see you are back, and it must be wonderful to know that you are clear of cancer. The treatment is not pleasant, and I have two friends who have gone through the same and I loved them just as much when they were bald. And it also gave their faces a wonderfulcomplexion.
For the clue to 11a it is the opposite of acid . Think of Mr Gore's first name and add that to an anagram of "inlake"
Keep up the good work and keep well.
All my healing thoughts to you.
Jazzgirl
36 of 52  -   Report This Post

wee jock

22nd September 2011, 18:51
Dear OLDGAL
How nice to see you back among us so bright eyed and bushy tailed after your major op and chemo.Brave girl! Hope you make a full
recovery very soon and remember baldness can
be very becoming on a lady!
Re 11a think of the short christian name of an American politician,'twirling' means an anagram coming up of the next two words and you've got the opposite of acidic.Done!

NUFF SAID
BEST OF HEALTH
TEN TIMES
WEE JOCK
American politician

37 of 52  -   Report This Post

wee jock

22nd September 2011, 18:57
JAZZ GIRL

OOPS!BEAT ME TO IT!

NUFF SAID
BEST REGARDS
WJ
38 of 52  -   Report This Post

wee jock

22nd September 2011, 19:16
DEAR MRS MAGWORTH

Please accept my humble apology for addressing you wrongly. What an ijit!
Hope you stay with us.

BEST REGARDS
WEE JOCK
39 of 52  -   Report This Post

nimrod

22nd September 2011, 19:18
Old Gal: Wonderful news!!
So glad to hear from you.
I expect to hear that RT is being completed within at least 48 hours of issue/receipt!
Best wishes,
NIMROD
40 of 52  -   Report This Post