CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

wendy

11th September 2011, 15:01
Mamya,

You haven't said how the knitting of the Eiffel Tower is going.

I know you said it was going to be to scale so I hope it's going well.

Also, what's the next project likely to be...?
21 of 91  -   Report This Post

mamya

11th September 2011, 15:15
Oh yes the Eiffel Tower is looking pretty good, I don't think my neighbours upstairs mind it in their lounge either.

Was contemplating the White cliffs of Dover next, have some lovely Angora DK to use up.
22 of 91  -   Report This Post

wendy

11th September 2011, 15:47
Mamya,

Glad to hear it's going according to plan. Reckon the lift will have given you a challenge or two.

White cliffs of Dover eh? Sounds great. I can't help wondering whether you could get a cruise line to sponsor you - perhaps Stena lines, Brittany Ferries or Condor...? It may be nice to have something in the foreground.

http://www.world66.com/europe/unitedkingdom/england/lib/gallery/showimage?pic=europe/unitedkingdom/england/white_cliffs_of_do
23 of 91  -   Report This Post

mamya

11th September 2011, 16:16
A very good thought and will of course incorporate a few Bluebirds.
24 of 91  -   Report This Post

wendy

11th September 2011, 22:15
My goodness!

You must be nearly as old as me!
25 of 91  -   Report This Post

mamya

11th September 2011, 22:45
How so? I am not afraid to say my age - 57 for a few more days. Vera Lynn is still alive you know.
26 of 91  -   Report This Post

trevor

11th September 2011, 23:26
Mamya,
according to that clever bbc tv prog, QI, Bluebirds only existed in America when that song was written.
to avoid being anachronistic, how about depicting some prisoners on day release cleaning off graffiti.Although you might have to Jacqui Smith first.
27 of 91  -   Report This Post

mamya

11th September 2011, 23:34
Yes indeed all grist to the mill, I knew about the bluebirds too, must be an age thing!! Will get more ideas for finishing details when nearer completion.
28 of 91  -   Report This Post

rusty

12th September 2011, 00:28
sallyw, with reference to me and Answerbank, I do spend a fair amount of time on that site, usually on Technology, Books, Sport, Word origins, and Crosswords sections. I come on here less frequently than I did at one time. This site has lost its way, I feel. My view is very straightforward, I think, this is a Crossword Help Forum, and should be kept as such. There are many sites who would willingly embrace your badinage, but I for one find some of the offerings from you and cohorts extremely tedious.
29 of 91  -   Report This Post

mamya

12th September 2011, 00:50
Fair comment.
30 of 91  -   Report This Post