CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

11th September 2011, 13:16
I read the posting - re Mamya's tailcock party - on Answerbank, and noticed that there were no negative comments of the type that get posted here when someone goes off piste as it were. Don't you find that strange?
11 of 91  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

11th September 2011, 13:26
Hi Sally,
I think it's a long-standing pre-arranged event that happens at 8pm-ish on Saturday nights and only those that want to join in do. They seem to be able to cope with the concept of LIVE AND LET LIVE which is my motto... must dash I see my husand marshalling at The Walker Cup Golf at Royal Aberdeen on BBC 2 (probably Scotland only). Tee hee... being blown away !
Cheers
J
12 of 91  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

11th September 2011, 13:33
I had said this thread should end, as I feared it would turn into a nasty fight again.
Bur as long as constructive comments are made, without spiteful remarks, then everyone should be satisfied.
I have a good sense of humour and tolerate most of the jokes on this site. However, the only thing that does raise my hackles is when someone butts in on a perfectly civil thread for no reason other than to invite insults (whether deliberate or not) One thread, in particular, where two of the users are ill and I do not think it is fair on them. Having said that, they may be able to take it. That is just my view.
J
13 of 91  -   Report This Post

the joker

11th September 2011, 13:34
Yes Sally I do find it strange also.
The old phrase "Reds under the bed" springs to mind,and one starts to wonder if there could be a hidden agenda here.
It all seems to have surfaced fairly recently,and is coincidental with the falling off of posts on this site.
14 of 91  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

11th September 2011, 13:47
The only reds under my bed are my red-flannel drawers ! This may get deleted :)
15 of 91  -   Report This Post

the joker

11th September 2011, 13:52
Jazzgirl
Another winter like the last one and you will be glad of them.
16 of 91  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

11th September 2011, 13:54
Hi Julie, thanks for that. I don't see why anyone should be bothered about what's posted as long as it's not insulting. And jazzgirl, I agree completely with you. I get fed up with people moaning about inconsequential things when there are much bigger issues. I like to come on site, as it gives me something to do when I'm not well enough to do anything else, and it's always nice to be able to help someone or get help. I do a lot of crosswords because I tend to spend a lot of time indoors and it keeps the brain active. It disappoints me when people can't "live and let live" but have to criticise everything.
17 of 91  -   Report This Post

mamya

11th September 2011, 14:39
Hello everyone, firstly I hasten to add that although it appears to be 'my' party, it is in fact normally hosted by Milady Alex at the big house, I am simply the old retainer and it falls to me to host when the Aristos are away, as they are at the moment.

The whole concept arose from a misreading of a quiz title and that is why it appears in Q&P section rather than Chatterbank, there have been detractors in the past bemoaning why it is there but the Ed has seen fit to realise it is an integral and quirky part of the site.

To do a similar thing here would likely raise some hackles as this site is supposedly for solving and not chatting unlike Answerbank which has many categories. I do however extend a warm welcome to cross the drawbridge any Saturday evening at 8pm. Raffle prizes appreciated.

Mamya ♥
18 of 91  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

11th September 2011, 14:43
I'll be crossing the drawbridge - brilliant stuff! Maybe you should take it to the virtual Edinburgh Fringe Festival...
Cheers
J
19 of 91  -   Report This Post

mamya

11th September 2011, 15:00
You will be made very welcome, some weeks are better than others and men are thin on the ground now the football is back, but we manage.

Just one word or three of warning though - Hands off the Butler

M

20 of 91  -   Report This Post