CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sallyw

15th June 2011, 22:27
Please Pete, how long is this going to go on?
11 of 53  -   Report This Post

ajt

15th June 2011, 22:29
When I started to read this thread I thought how kind it was of Pastille to say such nice things about me. I then read on to find out what vile abuse I had poured on whoever, and found that I had said "Poor sad little person, full of spite and venom, clothed in a cloak of righteousness". To me, that had seemed to fit the bill.

Then I read that I had made contradictory statements, which I had not explained or justified. I said at one point that completing the puzzle meant more than winning it, and to me that was true. I also said that it would be great if someone from the forum could win it, as so much effort had been made. Now those statements don't seem particularly contradictory to me - perhaps I worded my sentiments wrongly.

I am not trying to justify myself - I am disgusted with the whole business.

I have always tried to give help on this forum, and have rarely asked for help myself. I have enjoyed most of the time that I have contributed to it, and I am sorry that this is the last.

Audrey Thomas
12 of 53  -   Report This Post

sallyw

15th June 2011, 22:39
AJT I do hope that you won't abandon this site, as your input is always welcome. Most of the people who posted disparaging remarks on that thread never actually seem to contribute very much anyway. You owuld be missed by the regulars if you went, and I personally think that you should just ignore all the nonsense. The only reason i haven't ignored is I'm having a laugh, although it obviously isn't being recognised. Some people take themselves far too seriously.
13 of 53  -   Report This Post

karen

15th June 2011, 22:44
Sallyw IS NOT A BULLY.
She is a kind and,more than frequent,help on this forum.
Sometimes she requests hints,but,a lot of the time,she helps or gives hints,when requested,or when asked gives a direct answer.
Which to my mind,because its varied,on this forum,ie some like direct answer to their query, others would prefer a hint.
Love to you Sally.
Karenx
P.S.Keep strong lass xx
14 of 53  -   Report This Post

pastille

15th June 2011, 22:45
AJT, Sallyw is right, you are and always have been a stalwart of this site.

I get "sucked" in to things...often!

I am trying to just ignore.

I was on the point last week of giving it a rest for a while.Then someone wished me dead.

I am going nowhere after that little comment.

Hang on in there...and you could be another "chuckle sister"

Take care

p@ x
15 of 53  -   Report This Post

sallyw

15th June 2011, 22:45
Thank you Karen, I really appreciate that. xx
16 of 53  -   Report This Post

karen

15th June 2011, 22:51
Hi AJT, too busy Sloooooooooow typing,missed your post.In fact I have not read it all(trying to watch The Fishermens Friends),however caught the gist.
DONT YOU DARE LEAVE.
get back later
17 of 53  -   Report This Post

pete

15th June 2011, 22:52
Maybe if you didn't so readily jump into an argument that you were not involved in. Maybe if you had something sensible to add to what was being said it would be OK. But all you do is say "yeah,right on bro, you sock to the mother f**kers", and then add more personal abuse. People are perfectly entitled to hold a view different to yours without being attacked for it.
You just can't leave it alone,in fact you seem to revel in it. DoTW raised some perfectly reasonable points but was just howled down by a flood of nastiness,most of it from you. The solvers on that thread act like the royalty they think they are-never say sorry,never explain. Although I don't think the Queen goes in for dishing out abuse like they do if someone lifts the stone. Didn't you notice that not one of them supported you.
They don't seem to do debating/discussion on here. anybody who voices an objection to something is simply berated and called a c**t. Even the allegedly saintly AJT resorts to abuse at the drop of a hat.
I think you are all welcome to each other and I hope you are happy swimming in this cesspool. I'm off.
18 of 53  -   Report This Post

trevor

15th June 2011, 22:57
Result!!
19 of 53  -   Report This Post

monkey

15th June 2011, 22:59
now play nicely boys and girls,
20 of 53  -   Report This Post