CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

wendy

1st June 2011, 18:19
Well done peterm and well done Pastille too, must have been a really hard job to choose the winner! Congrats to all - I wouldn't have liked the job of awarding that prestigious prize!
51 of 82  -   Report This Post

ixion

1st June 2011, 18:23
Yes TJ - I'm(fairly)sure she won't take offence?!
52 of 82  -   Report This Post

neilm

1st June 2011, 18:29
Congratulations peterm. I am only sorry I caused so much furore. I was only stating my opinion. If people took that wrongly that is their affair. I'd very much like the thread and long may it continue.
The amount of postings is testament to the fact I was not completely on my own!
53 of 82  -   Report This Post

siamcat

1st June 2011, 18:42
Congratulations peterm

I'm sorry I won't be around for your CLUELESS word next week as I'm sure it will be another good one.

Have fun.

S
xx
54 of 82  -   Report This Post

peterm

1st June 2011, 19:23
I'm honoured. Thanks everyone, and especially Pastille for her excellent and enthusiastic adjudication. Not so easy this week.

For the record, I thought it was a great word (and completely unknown to me).

If I may make a general point, I think it would be fairer if people who feel compelled to comment - be it praise or criticism of clues, or a whinge, or anything else for that matter - held back until AFTER the result is declared. I can't help thinking that some of the stuff that's written deters would-be contributors.

I'll have a good think about the word for week.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy my virtual ride.

peterm
55 of 82  -   Report This Post

ixion

1st June 2011, 19:32
Agree with that idea Peterm....maybe you could include it in your preamble next week?
56 of 82  -   Report This Post

tonyw

1st June 2011, 20:07
Well done Peterm,good luck with next week's word.
57 of 82  -   Report This Post

the joker

1st June 2011, 20:47
Congratulations Peterm.
An excellent idea re.the "letters to the editor" bit.They should be left for the Post- Mortem.
58 of 82  -   Report This Post

ab

1st June 2011, 21:12
Congratulations, Peterm.
59 of 82  -   Report This Post

les40

1st June 2011, 21:13
Well done Peterm, great clue.

Don't worry about wether people know the meaning of the word you set or not, it takes less than 60 seconds to get it from google and surely the skill is in compiling the clue for it and not knowing what it means straight away. I find it great fun on here when someone slips in a word I haven't seen before, and it's inspirational to look it up and discover its meaning, I see it as a great tool to add new words to my own vocabulary.

The bottom line is that today their are maybe 30 or 40 more people in the world than yesterday that know what TMESIS means, and all of them are fellow posters on here. Which can't be that bad as it's a crossword forum.
I'm feeling better now, not had a rant for a while.
60 of 82  -   Report This Post