CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pastille

31st May 2011, 23:07
O.M.BLOODY.G.

I am shrinking in the corner…I was not trying to be clever or…or…whatever?

This word I only learnt about 5 years ago when a friend was boosting about a huge Scrabble score. I was delighted to find out there was a word for what I had been doing “word wise” for years.

I have no problem admitting that there are words I don’t know the meaning of.

Only last week, an answer to a clue was termagant, I had to google it, and guess what?…It means a quarrelsome woman. Woobloodywoo! That, at times can be me. Now, I have a word for it.

I don’t know what people know or don’t know.

I love finding new words and would hope that people on this site are still willing to learn.

Thanks to my defenders…it is much appreciated.

Ixion…Thank you for pointing out the fact I am in charge…Just call me Mrs Whippy!Lick my boots...now!

HOY ! Trevor? Tony?…Where are you? Get your clues in…or else…and you’re not going to like our Else!

Sorry, got a bit carried away there!

P@ x
31 of 82  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

31st May 2011, 23:12
It seems pointless, any-old-how (6)

That's an entry, not a comment BTW...
32 of 82  -   Report This Post

pastille

31st May 2011, 23:42
Val...

You are so right!

Take care toots

p@ x
33 of 82  -   Report This Post

siamcat

31st May 2011, 23:52
Trademark gains two points and is a-whole-nother word (6)
34 of 82  -   Report This Post

mrs samak

1st June 2011, 02:37
"Those of you who should enter and don't...I will be expecting a Doctors Line, or a note from your Mother."

Dear Mrs Fruity Tablet,
This is to confirm that my offspring, samak, will unfortunately be unable to submit an entry this week.
This is not because of the strength of the competition, although I did hear a strangled sound and something akin to "I'm totally f@@@ed" coming from his mouth while he was reading the other submissions.
Of course I had to wash out his mouth with a bar of soap and now he claims he has stomach pains and is therefore unable to compose something extraordinarily clever to win this competition.
They don't make them the way they used to.
I hope you understand and forgive him; normal service will be resumed as soon as bloody possible.
Yours sincerely
Mrs Samak
35 of 82  -   Report This Post

mary

1st June 2011, 10:04
Congratu-f#$%-lations, you've got it! (6)
36 of 82  -   Report This Post

mary

1st June 2011, 10:14
Sorry meant to add this to the above. Tks Pastille, enjoyed learning something new.
37 of 82  -   Report This Post

pastille

1st June 2011, 14:14
Just a gentle reminder that there is still time...
38 of 82  -   Report This Post

pastille

1st June 2011, 15:34

BTW

I feel obliged to point out that last week I had to “google” Terry’s Mamalayalamam word…Did I whinge because I didn’t know it? No.

Also yesterday, in Jolan’s excellent 5@5 , I learned two new words Hoosegow and Backsheesh by again “googling”…Did I whinge because I didn’t know them? No.

Point made, saying no more…muttermmfmhg…murmurs..fmmm!

Feeling a bit termaganty today.
39 of 82  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

1st June 2011, 15:40
I never understand why people moan about words they've never heard of. For me that's half the fun. I'm currently grappling with Sunday's AZED, from which I've so far discovered Archflamen, Stator, Slinter, Subsultory and Verdet -- all obtainable through the clueing, but only verified after consulting Chambers.
40 of 82  -   Report This Post