CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

wee jock

31st March 2011, 01:34
HOWDY FOLKS.
SERANADE(To Karen)
Come hirple ma hen tae the tap o the ben,
Whaur the puddocks'll shoogle yer een.
we'll gae widdershins as ah clatter the spins,
Like a bauchle hauf cut wi poteen.
Ebeneezer Maclquham(extr)
Sorry to hear of your hand and foot and they are better soon.

I'm rater late this week in checking in as Ihad some difficulty with 11a
and Ihaveto ashamedly admit that I had to resort to the wordfinder thingy thus breaking my own rules. The answer I;d never heard of but the word was in my Chamber's Dictionary(which I won ,incidently, in the Scotland on Sunday crossword comp a few years ago, since this seems to be 'outing' time;Big deal!
Another nasty clue was 6d which broke the unfair red herring rule--it could be any liquid. Otherwise a good crossword this week
Liked 9a 12a 16a 22a and 3d 13d.

GOSH IS THAT THE TIME!

NUFF SAID G' NIGHT

WJ

41 of 56  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

31st March 2011, 10:36
Mandala, that sounds like the sort of prize I would pay not to win. The trouble with Brisbane House is that they serve a small island of food on a great big sea of plate. You leave almost as hungry as when you arrived, and considerably poorer, unless it happens to be a prize.

P
42 of 56  -   Report This Post

mondrian

1st April 2011, 11:08
Karen. You do seem to be a bit accident prone just now. Hope your burnt hand and now your foot are healing.

Caravaggio. Congratulations on your winnings. This is becoming a lucky site with all these winners. I wondered about asking if anyone ever wins on the lottery. My daughter got 3 numbers on the Euro thing and her winnings came to £4.80!! How is that for success!!

Finding this weeks crossword difficult, in particular 12A and 23A.
43 of 56  -   Report This Post

torvic

1st April 2011, 13:10
Mondrian, 12A is an anagram of 'attains these' and is the job title of a medical person. 23A is also an anagram and the answer is a word concerning money.
torvic
44 of 56  -   Report This Post

mondrian

1st April 2011, 14:22
Torvic, thank you. I got the job title of the Doctor, but no luck with the anagram for something concerning money. Will keep trying.
45 of 56  -   Report This Post

wee jock

1st April 2011, 15:53
MONDRIAN
Try this:Seek around Central London
seat of learning a word on money.
GUID LUCK

NUFF SAID

WJ
46 of 56  -   Report This Post

wee jock

1st April 2011, 15:59
MONDRIAN
ps Sorry that's for 23a !
WJ
47 of 56  -   Report This Post

karen

1st April 2011, 22:58
hello all,thanks for you good wishes on health of arm and foot. Wish I'd looked in earlier and wouldn't have had to send in a lot of deserved personal messages.
And well said fellow Scots,it is hirple not hurple,apologies,(I just like saying 'hurple').
Thank you Wee Jock for your 'serenade' It's a first for me!.
Just got RT today,finished,but for some reason didn't enjoy it that much.
P.S. Well done on your win Caravaggio. Iv'e never won a fountain pen.
And,it did take RT 4 weeks to send the prize,no comp slip or like,just came through the post!
Not like the Everyman X-word.!
Off to bed now,sweet dreams all.xxx
48 of 56  -   Report This Post

andy pandy

2nd April 2011, 08:08
Still struggling in the top LH corner. 9a, I presume, is the sort of soldier that Joanna Lumley likes to help. But 7a has yet to yield - could someone give a subtle hint.

Thanks
49 of 56  -   Report This Post

nimrod

2nd April 2011, 09:55
Andy Pandy,
The answer is a word for both a bird and an item of footwear/clothing(?)made of rubber, used primarily by fishing enthusiasts.
Hope this helps
NIMROD
50 of 56  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 14