CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ch

30th March 2011, 12:10
Hi Caravaggio - yes, it brought a smile to my face....
Oh dear, Mandala, that's far too obtuse for me...
I'm now off for a Sensory Training session - don't ask.....
Cheers
Chris
31 of 56  -   Report This Post

navigator

30th March 2011, 12:44
Hi Karen, I was sorry to read of your injured foot and I hope it is now on the mend. It has been most interesting to follow the subsequent posts arising from that one little word "hurpling".
Mandala, it was only 6d which troubled me.
You have confirmed that I got it right but I still find it difficult to match the answer to the clue. Does the "almost glowing" refer to another word which replaces the i with two other letters?
32 of 56  -   Report This Post

navigator

30th March 2011, 13:24
Hi Mandala. Ignore my last post re 6d. I've now come to the conclusion that the first three letters of the answer mean "in flames" and the last two letters are another word for glowing minus its final letter.
HMRC are also wanting a very large sum from my daughter in respect of underpaid tax in 2007/2008.She rang them to ask how the mistake had come about. Apparently it was no fault of HMRC because the pension paying authority failed to apply the correct tax code which HMRC had notified to them.
33 of 56  -   Report This Post

mandala

30th March 2011, 15:52
Hi Navigator,

There was an interesting article about this in November 2010 issue of Saga magazine. If she can prove that the pension provider is at fault they are liable for paying the unpaid tax.
34 of 56  -   Report This Post

bees

30th March 2011, 18:07
Can anyone give me a clue for 14d please?
Person sitting on a horse (9). I'm struggling this week.
I wondered if Mr C had been away on holiday (Caravangio)?
35 of 56  -   Report This Post

nimrod

30th March 2011, 18:43
Bees,
You need to think of another word meaning to sit on and this will "partially" give you a breed of draught/dray horse, that originally came from northern France.
Hope this helps,
NIMROD
36 of 56  -   Report This Post

nimrod

30th March 2011, 18:59
Congratulations to Caravaggio! Well done - a prize to be looked after.
i've been doing crosswords for a number of years now - never won anything!!
37 of 56  -   Report This Post

bees

30th March 2011, 19:35
Thanks Nimrod! With your assistance (and that of Chambers Crossword Dictionary) I have the answer.
38 of 56  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

30th March 2011, 20:12
Well done, Caravaggio. Your prize sounds quite impressive.

I've had a couple of successes myself in recent weeks. First was a book about a Saint, whose name I can't remember, from the Catholic Herald. Mrs P will undoubtedly read this and tell me if it is any good.

Next was high tea for two in the Brisbane House Hotel, courtesy of the local rag. I've been to this place before, and wonder if second prize might be dinner for an entire family. Still, mustn't moan.

Best wishes.

P
39 of 56  -   Report This Post

mandala

30th March 2011, 23:31
Hi Pipesmoker,

It could have been worse, you might have won four tickets to Nardini's Fish & Chip Dinner Dance!
40 of 56  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 14