CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

karen

30th March 2011, 00:15
Hi Pastille,yes I do find language most iteresting,and of course,hirrple,as a Scot,I grew up with the word.'
Should I have spelt it 2 'P's?,because
I've only ever said it,until tonight,never written it down before!
I put a double 'r' for the hell of it! I dont think I should have.
All corrections welcome!x
21 of 56  -   Report This Post

pastille

30th March 2011, 00:19
karen,

nightynighthunnybunnyxxx

p@
22 of 56  -   Report This Post

pastille

30th March 2011, 00:22
Karen,

Me a scot too! x
23 of 56  -   Report This Post

karen

30th March 2011, 00:25
Sorry folks, that did not a lot of any sense, ever, I shall tell myself off immediately. Off to bed I go.
Sweet dreams Allx
24 of 56  -   Report This Post

karen gardner

30th March 2011, 00:31
And sweet dream Pastille.
Bless
25 of 56  -   Report This Post

karen

30th March 2011, 01:21
I meant sweet dreams to all.
And I shall try to buy RT tomorrow'
x
26 of 56  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

30th March 2011, 08:48
Good morning all,

Thank you for your concern, Nimrod, and I'm rather bemused that Terry and Trevor have also commented about my absence. Thank you, guys. I had noticed that, at different times, you've both been missing for a few days too. There was nothing sinister going on and I don't take evasive action when one of you posts before me!

From time to time, enquiries are made on this forum which are entitled 'Does anyone ever win?' [or something similar] and I'm pleased to say that I've just added the Herculis Crossword to my list of successes. £50 and a Telegraph 'special edition' fountain pen - just what I've always wanted! I probably have ten fountain pens already but I have no intention of advertising it on EBay when it arrives...

With best wishes to you all,

Caravaggio
27 of 56  -   Report This Post

chris4food

30th March 2011, 10:08
'Morning All - hope you are all well? I, too, thought 12a a good one - but we've had it before, haven't we???
Didn't start it until last night, and finished it this morning - well, I say finished, but I'm not sure about 6d - I've got an answer, but don't know why [same old, same old...]
Anyway, 6d
-I-R-
What I've got is another word for 'hot' is that right???
Re prizes, didn't Karen win the RT prize last year, and had to wait yonks for it to arrive???
Cheers
Chris
PS I love reading all your comments, they always make me laugh - I'm easily amused!!!
28 of 56  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

30th March 2011, 10:50
Hi Chris,

Yes, you're quite right. Karen won the RT crossword and then had a problem prising the prize [the alliteration was unintentional]out of the BBC's grasp.

I was sent an email the other day which advised me that the Americans had sent one of their warships to Libya and it's called the USS Ponce. Yes, I looked twice at the name, googled it to make sure it was genuine, and then checked the definitions of the word. An wholly inappropriate name... I hope that's amused you.

Kind regards,

Caravaggio
29 of 56  -   Report This Post

mandala

30th March 2011, 10:56
Hi All,

Yes, much more up to the expected standard this week. Having recently received a retrospective demand from HMRC going back several years, I found 23A particularly amusing.

I got stuck on 7A which puzzled me for quite a while. It finally clicked whilst I was walking the dog and noticed a flock of curlews on the shore.

Chris4food try this clue as an alternative:

6d Bengali treads carefully over a quantity of milk.

Karen, I hope you stop hirpling soon.
30 of 56  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 14