CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

14th March 2011, 17:18
at least the url links work properly now.
ps, if you read this Pipesmoker, i enjoyed your poem too (i think i'm still on the right thread,memory not as good as,or maybe it was always...)
21 of 78  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

14th March 2011, 18:02
Many thanks to all for nice comments about daft wee poem. I have to confess it was composed (if that's not to grand a word for it) while the more pious of the community were listening to the Reverend going on about our Lenten responsibilities. After all, I had already added up the numbers on the hymn board (they came to 2713), and my mind does tend to wander.

P
22 of 78  -   Report This Post

the joker

14th March 2011, 18:14
Bullfrog
How many "favours" do you want?
Surely the one you got against Ireland,a real howler by Ref.and Linesman are enough for a lifetime!!
23 of 78  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

14th March 2011, 18:56
(Cough, cough) As you know TJ, we never, EVER question the decisions of the match officials...
24 of 78  -   Report This Post

mondrian

15th March 2011, 11:29
Trevor. Thank you for the info about the shop in Stratford on Avon. I am sad to hear that the bakery has gone and to read the dreadful comments about the place which now replaces it. I specially remember the wonderful displays of bread made in the shape of wheatsheaves etc. I am sure it must be the same shop (from the photo) and while I could not remember the name of the street, the name Bridge Street does strike a chord as it was on the street going up from River Avon. How very sad!!
25 of 78  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

15th March 2011, 11:55
RT12 Proper. That's it done. Must confess, I had never heard of 3 down (pleb that I am).
26 of 78  -   Report This Post

old gal

15th March 2011, 12:06
Mondrian - it is a pity about the bread shop but there is a FANTASTIC cheese shop just up the road! I browse for ages and come out quite smelly... Just off to get the RT and will no doubt be asking for help later.
27 of 78  -   Report This Post

old gal

15th March 2011, 22:33
Well either this is an easy one or I am on form!! Only 7 to go which is good going for me on the first day. Sweet dreams and will be in touch later.
28 of 78  -   Report This Post

charlie

16th March 2011, 09:22
I have read all your to-ings and fro-ings on behalf of my Human but as usual find my policy of keeping my mouth shut entirely appropriate. She has, however, asked me to pass on good wishes to you all and says that as soon as she is well enough to rise from her bed of sorrow she'll be out of the door and round to the newsagents. Can't be too soon for me.
29 of 78  -   Report This Post

weex jock

16th March 2011, 12:03
HOWDY FOLKS:

Just finished RT12 and havent looked in for a while.It seems a lot of healthy chatter has been going on while waiting for RT12 to be published and where's the harm in that?
But it's crossword time so sharpen your pencils and your minds and get on with it!

PIPESMOKER. I liked your poem very much and it's mesage comes over vwery well in this form.Whaurs thir Wullie Shakespeare noo?

Aniother satisfying crossword this week,not too difficult but with some clever and witty clues like 22a and my favourite 15d. I too was'nt familiar with 3d but who would be up here among the heather? And 4d ws a bit of a stinker of an anagram,I'd never heard of the word.

GOOD SOLVING
NUFF SAID
WJ
30 of 78  -   Report This Post