CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mondrian

14th March 2011, 11:02
On re-reading the entries, 2 comments. First, Pipesmoker, I do not believe anyone dislikes you, so no need for the raspberry!!

Secondly, Old gal. You live in Warwickshire - I used to live there not far from Stratford many moons ago. A beautiful County and beautiful villages.
11 of 78  -   Report This Post

ajt

14th March 2011, 11:11
Well done Pipesmoker. I don't do the RT crossword, but there are several other puzzles where I should so love to see your sentiments extended.
12 of 78  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

14th March 2011, 11:47
I was born and brought up in Birmingham, which at the time was in Warwickshire, before it being uprooted and unceremoniously dumped into the West Midlands.
13 of 78  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

14th March 2011, 12:39
Thanks again, everybody. I must say, that since starting to contribute to this site, I have always been treated with the utmost courtesy, even when I have made the mistake of giving an answer on the RT thread.

Mondrian, I hope your brother is making good progress.

P.
14 of 78  -   Report This Post

ixion

14th March 2011, 13:56
Nicely put Pipesmoker
15 of 78  -   Report This Post

old gal

14th March 2011, 14:10
Well done Pipesmoker - loved the ode! Hi Mondrian - yes, i live near stratford too. Bullfrog - a big smacking kiss to another Brummie. When I first visited this thread it was overrun by the Cheshire gang then the Scots seemed to be taking over! Maybe this is our chance........... So what if there is a bit of chat amongst the crosswords - nice to feel part of a friendly group.
16 of 78  -   Report This Post

caravagio

14th March 2011, 14:25
Nice verb - overrun - Old Gal! You make it sound as though the Forum needed pest control.. But, yes, you're right the Scots are dominating now [rugby aside] and they're more than welcome.
17 of 78  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

14th March 2011, 15:02
Thanks for the smacker Old Gal. I also have an affinity with the Cymric contingent, coming from a Welsh family and growing up in the Welsh ghetto around the Tyseley engine sheds.

Sadly the Scots weren't able to do us a favour at Twickers yesterday...
18 of 78  -   Report This Post

mondrian

14th March 2011, 16:58
Pipesmoker. Thanks for the enquiry about my brother. I am pleased to say he is making progress now.

Old gal. It would be strange if we were both connected to the same village near Stratford. But I realise you cannot say owing to possible gremlins coming on this site and maybe causing trouble for you. I used to buy lovely bread in a shop in Stratford called, I think, Pargetters. I wonder if it is still there?
19 of 78  -   Report This Post

trevor

14th March 2011, 17:12
Mondrian
i think it might now be a McDonalds,Grrrr,if this is where it was.

http://www.qype.co.uk/place/316449-McDonalds-Restaurant-Stratford-upon-Avon

the 3rd review by David99 mentions the old bakery.hope i'm wrong.
20 of 78  -   Report This Post