CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

terry

10th March 2011, 22:28
Karen,
You take what somebody else says literally, but expect others to divine that what you say should not be. Thank you for explaining to me (and Mondrain at least) that you were
being tongue in cheek. My remark on "another thread" was simply a comment on your total lack of any sense of humour on being gently chided for your,frankly ludicrous,"clue"

When Bees asked for a clue to help move on from ?E?R?. your response was "Think M (for medium) + ERR (for slip up) + Y (for second half of by). Hope that helps". Well it certainly ought to didn't it. You say Bees is not thick (who implied he was?) but you again say "Hope that helped". How you square such nonsense with 'we don't give answers only further clues' defies belief. Surely you can see the absurdity.

Finally. You ask why I visit the RT thread - the same reasons you flick through most threads on here. Admittedly, I find your thread more amusing (unintentionally unfortunately) than most. You couldn't make up some of the posts- like your additional clue.

You guys wonder why your thread attracts trolls and imposters. I'm surprised you don't attract more. I rather regret now offering my support when your last thread was messed about with.
31 of 63  -   Report This Post

old gal

11th March 2011, 09:18
I actually dont mind your occasionl post Terry as I find you funny and witty (if a bit terrifying sometimes.......) I too am stuck on 16 and 24a but will soldier on. Sun is shining in the Midlands but I am stuck indoors waiting for a plasterer! All the best to everyone and have a good weekend!
32 of 63  -   Report This Post

chris4food

11th March 2011, 11:35
Hello all, Best wishes to everyone and good health and happy birthdays! Mine's next month - most of my family seem to be Aries...
I seem to be getting later and later with the RT crossword puzzle since my move. Found RT11 a bit Curate's egg-ish.... but am totally stuck on 19d leave nothing as capital
- u - t -
That's the only one left to do.....
Any help [again!!] would be much appreciated
Cheers and have a good weekend everyone
Chris
33 of 63  -   Report This Post

manic

11th March 2011, 11:37
QUITO
34 of 63  -   Report This Post

mondrian

11th March 2011, 11:43
Managed to get 16 and 24 Across last night and have to say I thought that 16A was a very witty clue when the penny finally dropped for me. So keep trying old gal.

I`m usually too terrified to take issue with Terry but will do so this time. I do NOT find Karen lacking in humour in the least. I find her replies both light-hearted and imaginative. I do not visit other sites (computer time limited) so I do not know what you were talking about there.
Meantime keep on posting, Karen and everyone else who is in sympathy with our site!!
35 of 63  -   Report This Post

wee jock

11th March 2011, 11:52
CHRISFOOD:

19D. Stop at nothing to get to this South American city.

THUM WELL YOUR GAZETTEER !

NUFF SAID

WJ
36 of 63  -   Report This Post

chris4food

11th March 2011, 12:15
Manic, please, I didn't want the answer, just another clue
WJ - thanks - I'd've finally got it - if only after looking at the world atlas - for a week or so!!
Chris
37 of 63  -   Report This Post

rosie

11th March 2011, 13:56
Terry may be a bit full of himself but he is right. How can you say giving the answer is a clue, it's ridiculous. The best you can say here is that Karen had a sense of humour failure.
38 of 63  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

11th March 2011, 16:32
Hi, all.

Many thanks for your good wishes to send me on my way to Southern General on Wednesday. Back now, pumped full of other peoples' blood products, but able to stand for another four or five weeks before going back for more.

SGH is a wonderful place, but they tend to frown a bit on the use of tobacco, and all users are thrust out into the cold. I take my car with me and turn it into a mini shrine to St Nicotine. It gives me something to do between treatments. I also load up with crosswords.

Anyway, it is good to be back.

P
39 of 63  -   Report This Post

trevor

11th March 2011, 18:13
glad you are well and in good spirits Pipesmoker.
re Karen,i too think she has always been a good sport and just misread terrys post(the 'lol' made it clear that no offence was meant).
as for the 'clue',c'mon peeps that was just an explanation to the answer.
40 of 63  -   Report This Post