CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

karen

9th March 2011, 20:20
Evening all,
Bees,re 1d. Think M (for medium)+err (for slip up)+y (for second half of by).
Hope that helps.
21 of 63  -   Report This Post

torvic

9th March 2011, 20:23
1d The answer is a word meaning 'happy', formed by the letter meaning 'medium' on for example clothing, followed by a word meaning 'slip up' and then the second half of 'by'.
22 of 63  -   Report This Post

karen

9th March 2011, 20:32
Hi old gal,delighted you've re-joined us.
More importantly,congatulations with your medical results, the strain you've been under must have been dreadful,great sighs all round!
And to Pipesmoker (my father and father-in-law both were),do hope your visit to the SGH was as you'd have wished.
Best to all.x
23 of 63  -   Report This Post

karen

9th March 2011, 20:59
Evening again all.
Sorry forgot to say,well done all who put 'ceiling' for RT6 and not 'sealing',as I did!
I have no excuse,execpt,to blame the compiler,which would be wrong of me,as so many others got it right!Well done!(even though you,sadly,didn't win)x
Bestx
24 of 63  -   Report This Post

terry

9th March 2011, 21:10
Karen,
Aren't you sailing a bit close to wind with post 21. LOL.
25 of 63  -   Report This Post

karen

9th March 2011, 22:14
No,not really. However,should you think I should be banished,do say so,and I shall shall go.
26 of 63  -   Report This Post

mondrian

10th March 2011, 17:29
Don`t you dare go, Karen!! I would miss you too much.

Glad, Old gal, you got some good news from the hospital. It was my birthday , so thank you for that and it will be Karen`s birthday in a couple of weeks, I think.

Meantime I am stuck on 16A and 24A. So hints appreciated.
27 of 63  -   Report This Post

weex jock

10th March 2011, 18:13
MONDRIAN:
16A.An exclamation of joy from Goldberg!

24A.Use your eyes(4),be fair(4)and start small(1).
Got it?
NUFF SAID

WJ
28 of 63  -   Report This Post

bees

10th March 2011, 18:52
Thanks Karen. Please don't accept any grief for helping me out in my our of thickness.
29 of 63  -   Report This Post

karen

10th March 2011, 21:05
Evening all.
My response last night was intended to be 'tongue in cheek' to a 'Numpty'. Did not mean to upset anyone.
Bees,only hope it helped,you are not thick,you are a lovely person.
On another thread,the said numpty,stated that I'd expressed a desire to 'kill myself'.
I have no idea where he got that from,unless on post 26 I did something brilliantly cryptic which missed me..Should anyone come up with reasoning...I'd love to know of it!!!
Best to all.
P.S. Why does he keep visitig the RT site when he seems to dislike us sooo much?
30 of 63  -   Report This Post