CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

wendy

23rd February 2011, 15:02
Hi Trevor,

I was replying to the first part of his post thus:

I don't understand why you lot think that pressing 2 keys at the same time is quicker than left or right clicking(left click highlight,right click copy)or am I missing something.

You replied to the 2nd part of it.

Will revert re the e-mail a.s.a.p.
51 of 67  -   Report This Post

tonyw

23rd February 2011, 15:04
I wasn't thinking about not having a mouse.
Thanks trevor that works perfectly.At the moment if you click on 2 it becomes offset/10 so one only has to add the next two numbers(39 right now).Great tip thanks.
52 of 67  -   Report This Post

trevor

23rd February 2011, 15:11
ah, Wendy,i realise you meant to Copy/Paste.
that last post took me so long to write that i still had it on my brain.

ps. i also use Mozzarella Firefox,this add-on saves me literally ...let me think ... must be literally seconds every week.i like it tho.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/take-me-to-this-url/
53 of 67  -   Report This Post

wendy

23rd February 2011, 16:03
Trevor,

Thanks for the link. Have finally e-mailed Ash - didn't want to do it too quickly as needed to think about it first.

You will know by now that I'm a mere woman with a mere woman's brain!

You'll see the new thread I'm about to open in a sec.
54 of 67  -   Report This Post

trevor

23rd February 2011, 16:39
you have a lot of balls!
55 of 67  -   Report This Post

wendy

23rd February 2011, 21:20
Trevor,

Yes I do, that's why I love playing golf! (...And stop baiting the new moderator!!)

We did get somewhat off track with this topic but feel we may have got something good out of it too.

To end as we started - Happy 90th Birthday Rev. John Galbraith Graham - aka The Monkey Puzzler.

Now where's your next book... Not far away I hope!
56 of 67  -   Report This Post

fullerene

26th February 2011, 04:09
I'm puzzled. I think I agree with your definition of a clickable link, Wendy, only in this thread they're black, not blue. But they are underlined, and mousing over them brings up a little hand with a pointing finger. One click, and you're there. For example, in your post that kicked off the thread, I just have to click on the link, not cut and paste it into my browser. Or do strange right-clicky type things.

I'm on a PC using Firefox and Windows Vista: maybe it's a browser issue? Or maybe I'm missing the point here?
57 of 67  -   Report This Post

wendy

26th February 2011, 06:59
Fullerene, Hi!

You're certainly not missing the point if you can do what you've described. I use Firefox and Windows XP.

Maybe it works with Vista but not others...?

I asked Mamya how she got the 3 little hearts after her post but haven't seen her reply.

What does everyone see - clickable links (never mind the colour of the type) or not?
58 of 67  -   Report This Post

bertie

26th February 2011, 07:14
This forum is going from bad to worse ! Why is everybody being so nasty ! I am sure that if the 'net didn't give anonymity, we wouldn't have to put up this silly diatribe.

As soon as this forum is moderated, the better for everyone.
59 of 67  -   Report This Post

jimc

26th February 2011, 07:56
Hi Fullerene.

re your post #57, I can confirm that I still do not see clickable links.

Your Firefox settings are probably adjusted so that it attempts to interpret something that looks like a web address as a web address - and makes it clickable for you.

However, this is VERY DFFERENT to what we could do here in our posts until recently. Until recently, the Poster could make any text into a clickable link, thus hiding messy web addresses and using fundamental web functionality. We could also do lots of other basic things like italicise, colour and embolden text. Currently, when we save/submit a post, these HTML tags (don't ask!) are stripped out automatically by the website's computer software.

As said before, no biggie, but a backward step and does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to prevent spam or any nastier posts.

Ash Young, the website owner has said that he will reinstate at least our ability to make clickable links but I'm not sure when this will happen or what form it will take. Surely it would be easiest for him to just click the button available to him that permits our posts to include HTML?

Sorry, that was a bit long-winded.

JimC

P.S. Wendy, Mamya's 3 hearts do not use HTML tags (don't ask!) but are just special characters.
60 of 67  -   Report This Post