CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT8

robtherich

21st February 2011, 16:53
Charming!
61 of 73  -   Report This Post

zorro

21st February 2011, 16:56
Yes. Like you bastards were to me last week.
62 of 73  -   Report This Post

robtherich

21st February 2011, 17:00
Mondrian @ 57: I don't think I'm anal about spelling (I daren't be, having perpetrated a few howlers in my time) but I reckon it might be difficult to complete a crossword if your grasp of the language was somewhat tenuous. I'm keep-it-to-myself quietly surprised by some of the oddities appearing in these threads. Luckily this is offset by so much wit and erudition here!
63 of 73  -   Report This Post

crypto

21st February 2011, 18:06
To Zorro

If it's any consolation I thought you were treated badly last week. My recollection was that you were new to the site and got picked up for providing early answers on this equivalent thread which the contributers prefer not to see. I don't think you were advised fairly. I think the situation got a bit more confused because there was another posting later that suggested that all the RT7 entries would be better on one thread. Whilst I think that posting was well intended it shouldn't preclude anyone else asking for answers or providing answers to the RT crossword in another thread. I only contribute to the main RT thread occasionally but have generally respected their wishes. They are generally a friendly bunch who like to have a natter as well. As for me I welcome you to the site and the thread and hope you can see your way to burying the hatchet on this (hopefully not in someone's skull :-)
64 of 73  -   Report This Post

butterfly

23rd February 2011, 21:46
Hi everyone. Doubt if I shall get a reply as I'm quite late in posting this. Not been on here for a while, what with not being well and some days away too (did anyone miss me??) but it's 18a. I've got an answer but not sure as I can't say I recognise the word. If someone has an alternative clue I may be able to figure it out. Thanks
65 of 73  -   Report This Post

s

23rd February 2011, 21:53
i'll report you to ash for the use of the b word
66 of 73  -   Report This Post

nimrod

23rd February 2011, 22:20
Hi butterfly!
I had noticed your absence, but never like to ask too much - hope all is well now. Welcome back1
As to the question:- the letters from TIGER are jumbled up and are added to a word that describes "of, relating to,or made of wine."
So think of letters of TIGER and add to it the French for wine with the ending OUS. Sorry if it this a bit tame but time has moved on from RT8.
Best wishes for your continued recovery!!
67 of 73  -   Report This Post

karen

23rd February 2011, 22:24
Hi butterfly welcome back.
Re 18a part anagram of tiger+vin(French for wine)+our. This is a bad clue,but to explain myself fully would take ages.
I'm not a setter!Hope I've not confused you,if so it's late enough in the week just to post the answer if needed (I think)!
Bestx
68 of 73  -   Report This Post

karen

23rd February 2011, 22:29
Hi Nimrod, we seem to have overlapped.
Or we're playing a peculiar game of snap!
Bless,'speak' soon.x
69 of 73  -   Report This Post

nimrod

23rd February 2011, 22:38
Hi Karen!
Nice to see us "overlapping" - hope you and the family are keeping well.
My thanks to you for keeping up the philosophy of the RT thread!!
Best wishes,
NIMROD
70 of 73  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT8