CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT8

karen

16th February 2011, 17:32
Evening all.
Glad to hear your feeling good Navigator.
Hi old gal, re 11a Anagram of does (from out does)+ sa (from South Africa). Hope that helps
21 of 73  -   Report This Post

charlies human

16th February 2011, 18:39
Congratulations Navigator! What great news. Shazam, Charlie is indeed A Cat, and a very fine Cat indeed. However his motives re Sparrows may well be very impure but his extreme venerability keeps them safe. We grow old together. I have limited interest in Sparrows and do not fit under the radiator.
22 of 73  -   Report This Post

nimrod

16th February 2011, 19:07
Good evening all.
Welcome back to Navigator. Great news from the hospital!
An easier crossword this week. Hope Charlies Human enjoyed 5d!!
Particularly enjoyed 7a, 5d & 18a.
23 of 73  -   Report This Post

andy pandy

16th February 2011, 22:23
Quite a good one this week I thought, but I'm puzzled by 9a. Assuming I have the crossing letters right as A and E, I guess the answer involves a gambling word. But what is the American connection implied in the clue?

This my maiden post here, but I've been enjoying your weekly musings for a while.

Regards,
Puzzled of Cambridge
24 of 73  -   Report This Post

nimrod

16th February 2011, 22:26
Andy Pandy: Think of another word for an American, that might help you!!
Regards,
NIMROD
25 of 73  -   Report This Post

nimrod

16th February 2011, 22:29
Sorry Andy Pandy (Iremember him), a very warm welcome to the RT thread!!
26 of 73  -   Report This Post

andy pandy

16th February 2011, 22:43
> Think of another word for an American, that might help you!!

Other than the one in the clue, you mean.
27 of 73  -   Report This Post

philip

16th February 2011, 23:35
Andy Pandy
Welcome. Think of a horseracing wager
PHILIP
28 of 73  -   Report This Post

andy pandy

16th February 2011, 23:49
Ah, the penny drops. There is a type of bet called a Yankee (Wikipedia confirms). Didn't know that, not a gambler you see. Educational, these crosswords. Thanks and g'night all :~)
29 of 73  -   Report This Post

charlies human

17th February 2011, 10:00

Good Morning Everybody - I haven't got my copy of the RT yet but plan to rush out so I can take a look at 5d. What has caused considerable comment in this household is the matter of Larry, who has just moved into No:10. Charlie is a little concerned that Larry appears to be employed simply to catch rats, and that this may not be his particular forte. Charlie realises that everyone must take responsibility for helping to reduce the deficit and is glad that Larry is no longer on the un-employment register and benefits. However, Charlie feels that the fact that Larry looks like a bruiser denies his feminine side and hopes that he will be given opportunities to explore his full potential and so benefit the community in that way. I don't agree. Put that cat to work and stop him malingering.
30 of 73  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT8