CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT8

tonyw

15th February 2011, 22:08
Thankyou Philip,I shall go and buy it.I tried RT8 search on Google and just got rt42,52,13 e.t.c.
Guess I'll just have to fork out.
11 of 73  -   Report This Post

charlies human

16th February 2011, 08:32
Good Morning Everybody - I don't usually log-on to the Forum until much later in the week but have done so this time because last week this forum was not a happy place. I posted my thoughts, but too late I think for anyone to read them. I come on here for fun; I enjoy the to-ing and fro-ing and I love the tussle of the puzzle. I wish that people were not abusive to each other on-line and I wish that the answers were not given but as I said, I think we are spitting in the wind if we expect people to accept others to adhere to our wishes on a public forum. My way of dealing with what I don't like on this thread is only to read the posts of the names of those I know I will enjoy reading and also not to look at posts where answers are given. It seems to be the only way I can enjoy being part of this little community; those of you whose threads I read know who you are! And to you I send my greetings on what looks like being a rather beautiful day, as does Charlie, of course. He is busy watching the sparrows negotiating their new nest sites in the holes in the wall next door, so I speak on his behalf.
12 of 73  -   Report This Post

charlies human

16th February 2011, 08:37
Reading that through as it is now posted I see that I've written a little goobledegook about what we expect of other people, but I think you'll get my meaning. I hope so anyway!
13 of 73  -   Report This Post

old gal

16th February 2011, 12:28
Well said, Charlies Human - just my thoughts exactly. Got off to a good start on this week's puzzle but have since ground to a halt. Will post desperate pleas for help later in the week. My cats are all lolling around waiting for the central heating to click on!
14 of 73  -   Report This Post

navigator

16th February 2011, 13:02
Good morning all.
I'm on top of the world right now.I've just returned from the hospital after seeing the consultant haematologist who's happy with the way things are at the moment. I've been seeing her regularly for 4 or 5 years.Next appointment in August. It's a beautiful morning here in Harrogate and that with the hospital result and the fact that I was able to finish RT8 late last night are the reasons for my exuberance.
I liked 10a and 14d but not 5d. The answer to 23a was obvious but it took quite a time before I was able to see the meaning of "cuts even". Another way of saying "regularly".

15 of 73  -   Report This Post

lainey

16th February 2011, 13:24
Good morning all.

Well done Navigator, three great reasons to feel good! I managed to finish last night, I always look at it and think 'I'm stumped and I'll never complete it', but somehow plod my way through it and hopefully get the right answers.

Best wishes and have a great day.

16 of 73  -   Report This Post

navigator

16th February 2011, 14:41
Thanks Lainey and welcome.I don't think we've met before.I sometimes give up hope on first looking at a puzzle but I always find that perseverance
plus help from several of our good friends overcomes the difficulty.

17 of 73  -   Report This Post

mollie

16th February 2011, 15:41
Good afternoon all, it's nice to hear your good news Navigator.I don't do the RT crossword but i love reading all the posts.Where's Wee Jock & Old Gal?
18 of 73  -   Report This Post

old gal

16th February 2011, 16:50
Post 14 Mollie! Nice to speak to you - how are you getting on? Am finding 11a a bit tricky
19 of 73  -   Report This Post

shazam

16th February 2011, 16:58
Post 12.
Is Charlie a cat? Why is he watching the sparrows? Hope his motive is pure!
20 of 73  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT8