CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

wee jock

29th December 2010, 10:50
I don't believe it!

Got my RT from the papershop yesterday and finished the crossword last night.I'm sure I'm not the first to finish but it is an honour for me to open this thread in any case.

I wish youall good brain searching with this one.
I got stuck on 22a and consequently 19d to finish.

Hope you all had a nice Christmas and I may Iwish you all a HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.

REGARDS

WEE JOCK
1 of 46  -   Report This Post

old gal

29th December 2010, 11:14
Well done Jock and a good New Year to you too! I am not one of the brainy ones but have managed about half of the crossword - good going for me! Glad someone opened the thread. Will plod on and ask for assistance later in the week. Is 20a an anagram of the word astronomer? I feel it is but cant seem to get any new words. Dont give me the answer, as I like to feel at least some of the effort is mine. Snow all gone from here now - it was very pretty at first but restrictive - lots of things I wanted to attend were cancelled. However, managed to have a good Christmas and I hope all of the regulars (and new people) did too!
2 of 46  -   Report This Post

mazie

29th December 2010, 11:36
My first time on a Radio Times thread. I bought it for the first time this Monday. I've completed it and enjoyed it, so I might buy it again next week. 20a is not an anagram of the word Astronomer.
3 of 46  -   Report This Post

wee jock

29th December 2010, 12:13
Hello OLD GAL and a WARM WELCOME to you MAIZIE.

2Oa is an anagram of AN astronomer. Consult your reference books,dictionaries etc and have the pleasure of finding one that fits.That's the fun of crosswords!

BEST REGARDS

WJ
4 of 46  -   Report This Post

mazie

29th December 2010, 13:14
Thank you for your welcome Wee Jock. I've seen lots of requests for answers to the RT on here and Answerbank, so thought I would give it a try. Did you find this one easier than usual?
5 of 46  -   Report This Post

mandala

29th December 2010, 13:19
Congratulations wee jock, ahead of the game. Having only just returned from the snow and ice nightmare of Perth, I've only just got mine. I'll need to sit down this afternoon and get it done.
6 of 46  -   Report This Post

old gal

29th December 2010, 13:41
Thanks Wee Jock - I have it now! Welcome Mazie to the thread. Will probably be asking for more help but will plough on for now.....
7 of 46  -   Report This Post

mazie

29th December 2010, 13:43
Good Luck with it old gal and thanks for the welcome x
8 of 46  -   Report This Post

navigator

29th December 2010, 14:38
Congratulations WEE JOCK on finishing first past the post in the first crossword of 2011.
A warm welcome to you MAZIE!
Hello OLD GAL, it's nice to see that you're still plodding on. We older ones still have our little grey cells working for us.
I hope I've got 11a right - it's the only composer to fit in the spaces but the "modest" word in the clue has me wondering.
Finally:-
A HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR TO All.
Regards,
Navigator.
9 of 46  -   Report This Post

mazie

29th December 2010, 15:34
Hi Navigator. Thank you for the warm welcome. I hope I'm not overstepping the mark here (crosses fingers) Just type modest composer into google and all will be fine x
10 of 46  -   Report This Post