CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

navigator

29th December 2010, 18:36
Many thanks MAZIE.I never thought of it as part of his name. Almost as queer as Morse's "Endeavour", but then M wasn't British.

11 of 46  -   Report This Post

philip

29th December 2010, 21:53
Hello everyone, and a happy new year to you all, and in fact a belated Christmas greeting. Unfortunately, did not post in respect of the big one, as mum in law was rushed into hospital last week, so spent much of the normal RT time at her bedside. Pleased to say she is making progress.
Back to RT1. One or two funny clues - didnt quite get 5d in respect of the "control in ring". Am I missing something. Other wise back to its improved standard compared to this time last year.
Finally, am I missing something else in respect of the prize? (not that I enter) We used to get a tv, then it went down to a dvd now its some breakfast cereals plus a radio (presume its digital). This time next year could be a paper clip!!
PHILIP
12 of 46  -   Report This Post

mazie

29th December 2010, 22:16
Hello Philip. Really please to hear your mother in law is improving. I agree with you on that clue. I stuggled with the wordplay but maybe someone will enlighten us. A Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to You and Yours x
13 of 46  -   Report This Post

thicko

30th December 2010, 00:38
Complaints Of The Season to everyone, hope you all had a MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Radio Times No.1 (2011) under way, not needing any help YET.

Will get back to you IF I get stuck.

"THICKO"
14 of 46  -   Report This Post

navigator

30th December 2010, 10:13
HI PHILIP
The Ring in 5d I have taken to mean the division of the target nearest the bull's-eye in archery.
15 of 46  -   Report This Post

navigator

30th December 2010, 10:29
Sorry Philip, I didn't deal with the "control" in the 5d clue. Here's a possible help to that:-
Take a quick,sly backwards look.
16 of 46  -   Report This Post

mandala

30th December 2010, 11:05
Not being an archer but an Archers fan, I plumped for the middle of a dart board for the ring in 5D. Although I have an answer to 1D which means quick, I don't see the "old waitress" connection.
17 of 46  -   Report This Post

carnish

30th December 2010, 11:17
I believe a 1d would once have worked at Lyons Corner House
18 of 46  -   Report This Post

navigator

30th December 2010, 11:36
Hi Carnish and welcome. You are quite right about the waitresses.They served the nicest rolls and
(suitably embossed) pats of butter and the most wonderful mille-feuille slices.Happy Days!
19 of 46  -   Report This Post

mandala

30th December 2010, 16:43
Carnish, thanks for that gem. Having never been to one of those wonderful establishments, it's a new one to me.
20 of 46  -   Report This Post