CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ann

6th December 2010, 22:53
FAO wee jock

I left a message for you on page 5 of RT49.Did you see it?

Hi all,just finished RT50.Being snowed in (Glasgow) I've had plenty of time to do it!
31 of 63  -   Report This Post

chris4food

7th December 2010, 10:46
Dear all, this is so unfair - returned to the homestead and now snowed in and no RT50 - and yet you'all have just finished it... We've had no post for about five days now - or so I'm told - should have stayed in Sunny Surrey...
Glad to see you're all keeping well and in such high [liquid??] spirits
Cheers
hris
32 of 63  -   Report This Post

robert551069

7th December 2010, 11:34
Please help with 24 across "Hear sound extract"
?r?n?
Probably one of the following...drone,grind,grone,prone,wring
I cannot get the wordfinder. The letters I have are C O I H E C H P A O /
33 of 63  -   Report This Post

robtherich

7th December 2010, 12:33
Karen has already helped with this one. See above.
34 of 63  -   Report This Post

wee jock

7th December 2010, 17:13
fao ANN
Thank you for your nice message on RT49 which I had some difficulty in extricating from the long lists of leesser crossword windows.So it's here's a hand ma trusty frier across this frozen waste(waist) which is the central belt of Scotland,and lang may yer lum reek and hope your larder is well stocked so I can say "Ye'll have had yer tea?"
I'm very happy to say,everyone,that I am in proud possession of the Christmas edition of RT having just returned from a hazerdous expedition to the papershop so it's yaboo to all of you(Only joking!.I've been making do with Scotland on Sunday and a downloaded Guardian crossword but my heart hasn't been in them so I might make a start on RT51 tonight.60across clues and 58 down,that should keep me out of the way for a while.(Thank
goodnes, do I hear someone say, that'll shut up that garrulous old haggis basher for a while!)
KEEP WARM EVERYONE AND HAPPY YULETIDE
35 of 63  -   Report This Post

mandala

7th December 2010, 17:27
Hey wee jock,

I hadn't taken you for a drinker of 58 down. Isn't the "water of life" more your tipple.
36 of 63  -   Report This Post

navigator

7th December 2010, 17:35
Belated greetings one and all.I haven't ventured out at all in the snow and ice but I have very good neighbours who have done my bit of shopping for me. It was not until this morning that one of them came with RT50.Finished but doubtful about my solutions to 21d and 23a. They don't seem to tally with the clues.
37 of 63  -   Report This Post

family history researcher

7th December 2010, 17:42
robtherich

I think that Mrs Robherick must be from a different branch of your family tree. Several generations ago, when literacy levels were extremely low, and crosswords hadn't been invented, your ancestors spelled their family name
phonetically, and of course they all interpreted how it sounded differently.

So she may be a second cousin once removed or some such!

(OK I will take my tongue out of my cheek, now)
38 of 63  -   Report This Post

mandala

7th December 2010, 17:48
23A is a three letter synonym for "and not" around the name of an English novelist. For an extra clue http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Braine">this link will help, but only if you're desperate!

Alternative clue for 21D:

Geek found in spanner drawer.
39 of 63  -   Report This Post

navigator

7th December 2010, 18:34
Many thanks Mandala. You have confirmed that I had the correct answers for both clues. Even after your help I had to cheat by looking up the novelist of whom I had no prior knowledge.

40 of 63  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 50