CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

robtherich

5th December 2010, 09:37
Zounds!
21 of 63  -   Report This Post

nimrod

5th December 2010, 10:22
WEE JOCK - 3am???!!!???
There ia a lot of good choral music to hear at Xmas (and at any other time of the year). Personally, at Xmas, my favourites are Medieval & Renaissance carols.
22 of 63  -   Report This Post

chris4food

5th December 2010, 12:54
Hello Everyone, hope you're all keeping snug and warm in this winter wonderland.
I've been away this last two weeks visiting two of my daughters, so reduced to buying additional copies so I can keep up! Which means if I make a mistake, I've got my pristine copy at home... do most people fill in the crossword with pencil or pen???
I've been finding the last few comparatively easy, with some nice clues. Haven't seen 50 yet - maybe it's awaiting my return - is it the Christmas issue???
Back home tomorrow - weather permitting - no snow here in sunny Surrey, but my home is still somewhat inaccessible due to lack of gritters... do other people find this - the main roads are clear but no-one can get to them 'cos the side roads are untreated....
Hey, RtR - you'll have to hide your RTs in the garden shed now, or under a convenient snowman...
Cheers to you all
Chris
23 of 63  -   Report This Post

mandala

5th December 2010, 14:03
Well I managed to prise RT50 out of the sticky hands of my newsagent this morning when buying Scotland on Sunday. Now I have a problem, which one to tackle first?

RT51 (18th-31st Dec) should be out tomorrow and then I'll have to start all over again with the Big One. Oh, so much to do and so little time.
24 of 63  -   Report This Post

wee jock

5th December 2010, 18:07
NIMROD et al
Yes,3am, but it's no big deal as I have my outdoor
temp. moniter on my bedside table and happened to waken at that unearthly hour.This afternoon the o/d temp. has been hovering zero c so with the slight thaw and now refreezing the pavements are becoming very treacherous.So batten down the hatches,lads&lasses,throw another log cabin on the fire and prepare for a cold night with no RT
crossword for comfort until RT51 COMES OUT WHENEVER THAT WILL BE.
Mandala,I've been doing the Sctland on Sunday crossword for years now but it's not good as it used to be,depending on the compilers,and not a patch on the RT,don't you think?
Nimrod,I do admire and share your taste in music
and look forward each year to the carol service from King's Cambridge.
KEEP WARM EVERYONE!
25 of 63  -   Report This Post

mrs robherick

5th December 2010, 23:40
AHH!, But you dont know what crosswords I've been messing with, DO YOU. I've won prizes beyond your wildest dreams. Like, reference books! So there!
26 of 63  -   Report This Post

charlies human

6th December 2010, 10:20

Good Morning Everyone - well, I hang my head in shame after being such a smarty about racing through No: 50! I am stuck on one little perisher, 24a. Would someone please provide me with another clue before I go nuts. Nimrod, I think you said you liked that one? Incidentally, it is another beautiful day here on the South Coast and though the snow and ice went overnight I think we are due for more. I'm off to replenish my supply of books; I've just finished 'The Makioka Sisters' by Junichiro Tanizaki and if anyone would like to suggest some good reading from their own experience I would much appreciate it. Must be something I can find on the shelves of my local Oxfam though...
27 of 63  -   Report This Post

karen

6th December 2010, 10:31
Hi Ch, for 24a think of bell sound,and to remove liquid from,say, a piece of cloth.
Hope that helps!
28 of 63  -   Report This Post

robtherich

6th December 2010, 11:48
To "Mrs Robherick": If that's how you spell your own surname I think you'll have great difficulty even completing a crossword, let alone winning prizes, my dear.
29 of 63  -   Report This Post

charlies human

6th December 2010, 14:08

Karen, thank you! I got it! Even so, it didn't fall into place straight away. What a duffer...
30 of 63  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 50