CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

quidnunc

24th April 2009, 12:59
re post 5, I take it the welsh dresser reference is to q63. I've learnt elsewhere that its 'dd' plus 2 of the words in the clue to give an anagram of a type of welsh dresser. There are only 2 words in the clue with 3 letters but nothing comes up with them and 'dd' in any anagram solver. Being based in Wales with 3 kids speaking Welsh I feel I should get this but am still stuck. Any further clues please or advice where my train of thought above might be wrong.
11 of 37  -   Report This Post

quidnunc

24th April 2009, 13:32
Sorry! just realised that 'welsh dressers' was an answer to q42. I'd still appreciate the help requested for q63 where info obtained also suggests answer is a type of welsh dresser
12 of 37  -   Report This Post

lizzyminto

24th April 2009, 13:53
Quidnunc.overdue= deu around dd ran away= arn
=deuddarn!!
13 of 37  -   Report This Post

quidnunc

24th April 2009, 15:27
Stand down; finally got it. originally misled as to the composition of the words to be anagrammed.
14 of 37  -   Report This Post

quidnunc

24th April 2009, 15:30
Sorry, lizzyminto, I didn't see your answer before typing post 14 but thanks for trying to help.
15 of 37  -   Report This Post

quidnunc

29th April 2009, 13:48
Am I right in thinking that at Q25 the answer is an anagram of 'nicerugone'? Try as I might - and I admit to using anagram solvers - I can't get anything to mean a corner cupboard. Similarly, I sense an angram at Q27 (probably with 'x' for 'ten') but all combinations of possible words in the clue don't raise a recognisable word. Any re-direction of my thought processes on either (or both) would be welcome, please.
16 of 37  -   Report This Post

campanilla

29th April 2009, 13:58
Hi Quidnunc, are you sure you are asking about question 25? If so, where did you get nicerugone from? The answer to 25 is that "ulster" is the name of a piece of clothing and the second work is where you would put it, if that helps.

No. 27 is an anagram of "girls" and "ten"
17 of 37  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

29th April 2009, 14:04
It's Q 55, and yes it's an anagram of "nicerugone".

This anagram solver is the best one I know:

http://anagram-solver.utsire.com/

I see campanilla beat me to it with the other one.
18 of 37  -   Report This Post

quidnunc

29th April 2009, 14:36
Thanks for above and apologies for error re-numbering. Wasn't sure if anyone would read this as I've come across several other Crossword Solver sites debating this quiz without knowing of any cross index to them. I found confirmation therein that the 3 words were the ones to be worked on so tried a new anagram solver and got the answer. I'll also turn anew, as suggested, to 27. Only problem with this site is the difficult questions one has to answer to prove not being a robot. I fear I'll fail one soon!
19 of 37  -   Report This Post

quidnunc

29th April 2009, 15:01
Phew, just made it in again! I must pay more attention to answers given and not just skim them. Thanks for advice re superior anagram solver (which I've bookmarked) and for advice re Q27. Am I looking for what the dark and roving kind of girl's hair hung down in (in the popular 50s song) as I can't find any direct connection with 'drapes'?
20 of 37  -   Report This Post