CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

campanilla

29th April 2009, 15:47
No, it's a difficult answer, try starting with "tr" and it means the curtain rods.
21 of 37  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

29th April 2009, 16:00
Unfortunately this one is not in the Universal Anagram Solver. Think of a synonym for a wedding band (not the music sort) and another synonym for "allow". Put them together and you have a singular word pertaining to hair. Move the last letter of this word to the start and then make it a plural word. Hey presto, you have your answer.
22 of 37  -   Report This Post

quidnunc

1st May 2009, 17:50
Sorry John for delay in thanking you for your helpful pointers but I've been away from home and my PC for a short while. As its not in any of the dictionaries on my bookshelves I'd have never got the answer without your assistance.
23 of 37  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

1st May 2009, 18:09
Ah, I guess we will have to give you the answer then:

TRINGLES.
24 of 37  -   Report This Post

dizzy

4th May 2009, 22:38
53 force apple into pan 8.6.
56 leading employers take unusual interest in case involving several points 4
57 one having a row with Youth Leader in the kitchen (8)
help please
25 of 37  -   Report This Post

suesan

4th May 2009, 23:03
Hi Dizzy

first one pressure cooker??

Can you help with 72 .... but the master opens double headed lock in a tick (8)
Previous answer house of keys -
26 of 37  -   Report This Post

mamya

4th May 2009, 23:43
72 Mattress
27 of 37  -   Report This Post

mamya

4th May 2009, 23:48
56 take the initial letters of four consecutive words in clue to give name of a needlecase

57 think of a type of rower (boat) + Y
28 of 37  -   Report This Post

suesan

5th May 2009, 10:21
Many thanks Mamay
got 56 now off to think about 57
29 of 37  -   Report This Post

quidnunc

5th May 2009, 12:46
Thanks to previous help only 3 clues remaining where haven't the faintest. Partner and I will consider these during next 2 weeks when in France but may seek help on return if still unsolved.

Would clear way though if clues where I've got answers but slightly dubious about them could be confirmed or be pointed in another direction. My first thoughts on 33 come up with answer very similar to that to no 1 which (from previous experience of these quizzes)can't be right. Is it a marine version of the transport MEPs and such are said to ride on or, perhaps the surname of the actor Nigel who played TV's Dr Watson plus a 6 sided figure.

As regards 39, my first thoughts turn to chinese criminal gangs although clue would only make sense if the last 4 letters of South African dried meat also meant a kind of meat.

Also, although reasonably confident, is answer to 10 what Masefield has 'charging up the Channel in the mad, March days'?
30 of 37  -   Report This Post