CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bees

1st December 2010, 17:31
Thanks for your help folks! The answer to 6D finally surfaced in the old brain box.
31 of 51  -   Report This Post

bees

1st December 2010, 17:39
Hi Mondrian, 22A was the favourite tipple of Hercule Poirot, I believe.
32 of 51  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

1st December 2010, 17:44
Good afternoon all,

I had to wait until yesterday to collect my copy of the Radio Times and didn't start it until this afternoon and so, for that reason, I am playing the role of the tortoise this week...

To reassure everyone that I'm not infallible, I confess to having been stuck on 9A - I saw the answer but didn't understand why - until I read Nimrod's explanation. So now I know that *** is a Mediterranean genus of shrubs!

By the way, if you look at the prize[s] for the Wordfinder competition, I can recommend a copy of Bradford's Crossword Solver's Dictionary, having owned one for some ten years.

With best wishes to you all and keep warm.

Caravaggio
33 of 51  -   Report This Post

charlies human

1st December 2010, 19:07

I don't think I've done the RT crossword as quickly as I did this one for a long time. I'm not sure which I prefer: the times when my brain is absolutely in gear or the times when I have to work really hard. Whichever, I enjoyed this one, even though Charlie had to have a slightly longer nap than he'd planned....
34 of 51  -   Report This Post

nimrod

1st December 2010, 19:11
Nice to finally hear from you Caravaggio!! Hope you are warm & well!!
Mondrian, my apologies:- you also asked about 14D. So, put together another word (3 letters) meaning to drink; and another word for a star (4 letters), often used in Medieval/Renaissance Christmas carols. Sorry, the musician/chorister coming out in me!
35 of 51  -   Report This Post

nimrod

1st December 2010, 19:13
Well done charliesHuman. Really like the name!!
36 of 51  -   Report This Post

charlies human

1st December 2010, 19:24

Thank you Nimrod. Both I and my cat got sick to death of people calling me his Mummy. He is an intelligent cat and it was embarrassing.
37 of 51  -   Report This Post

butterfly

1st December 2010, 21:48
No problem with this weeks except for 8A. Was able to complete it apart from that one on the trip to Bristol to see 'The Sound of Music' - super show - and as the next edition came before I left home did most of that on the way home. Just had an email from daughter who lives in Kent with pictures of 1' of snow, no snow here - hope it stays that way.
38 of 51  -   Report This Post

mandala

1st December 2010, 23:18
Only 1 foot of snow? The drifts are 3 metres deep on the A96 between Aberdeen and Inverness!
39 of 51  -   Report This Post

karen

2nd December 2010, 00:17
Hello All, I found No 49 not as easy this week,glad the rest of you did! Took me a while to get 9a,24 and 14d! I've not bought No 50 yet,dont wont to be tempted! Mind , I had difficulty with this weeks Saturday Guardian as well! Best Wishes to all.x
40 of 51  -   Report This Post