CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mandala

29th November 2010, 13:00
Yes, it came in here as well, so collected it along with the P & J. For regulars it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes.

Take care with 21D the first word in the clue should be in the present tense rather than the past tense. Also, 24A has two possible answers. The one which ends in a musical term for very loud is the wrong one.

I particularly liked 11A for the inference to delusion, but maybe that's just me.
11 of 51  -   Report This Post

wee jock

29th November 2010, 15:48
Hallo again Folks,
Done and dusted.No great problem clues this week although I did get a feeling of de javu with one or two I thought Id seen elsewhere before but there is bound to be a bit of plagiarism in this game,intential or not.
I tramped (Trundled last time,I think)back to the paper shop and the milk had finally got through some six hours late and I was able to enjoy my porrige(salty of course)at lunce time.
Keep Warm All

WEE JOCK
12 of 51  -   Report This Post

tomcat

29th November 2010, 20:08
Finally cracked 14d, but only after realising an error in 16a. Under normal circumstances the new copy of RT for the following weeks's programmes (in this case, 4-10th Dec) gets delivered tomorrow. But I've already got next weeks copy. I'm really curious as to which edition will arrive next.
13 of 51  -   Report This Post

ann

29th November 2010, 23:09
I too received my copy early.Have finished apart from 7A.I can't figure it out.Will keep trying.

PS:I too am a Scot
14 of 51  -   Report This Post

wee jock

30th November 2010, 09:58
Ann,ma wee hen,
Welcome to the ever increasing Tartan army of closet Scots who are coming out of the woodwork to add a bit of colour and light hearted banter to this place but not to take over.
Did you mean 17d? I'm sure you'll have worked it out by now but just in case think current sitcom and anagram.
Hope you are all keeping warm
WEE JOCK
15 of 51  -   Report This Post

karen

30th November 2010, 10:30
Hello all,enjoying the snow?
Ann re 7a is a shade of green, first two letters of an auction piece+name of a three letter tax (soon to be increased)!
16 of 51  -   Report This Post

crypto

30th November 2010, 20:07
Well you early birds got off to a flyer this week. I stuck to buying my RT on the Tuesday and I've just finished it. I'd never heard of the answer to 7a and I didn't know the word 'rue' was a variety of the type it is used for in the puzzle. I guess you learn something all the time.

For those of you that got a head start just remember, "whilst it's the early bird that catches the worm ... it's the second mouse that gets the cheese!"
17 of 51  -   Report This Post

bees

30th November 2010, 20:53
Unlike TomCat, I still haven't figured out 6D. Can anyone give me an additional clue please?
18 of 51  -   Report This Post

crypto

30th November 2010, 21:08
Hi Bees
Re 6d - letter for cold + what the first part of a play is called = plants
19 of 51  -   Report This Post

navigator

30th November 2010, 21:14
Hi Bees.6d.

Regularly catch a coach to Inverness for plants. Does this help?

20 of 51  -   Report This Post