CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

karen

30th November 2010, 22:34
Hello Bees,6d. C= cold,play begins Act 1.= Plural of plant.
hope that helps
21 of 51  -   Report This Post

mandala

30th November 2010, 23:05
@Navigator

In common RTspeak, 'regularly' is used to mean every other letter. I think 'Primarily' would be better in your clue.
22 of 51  -   Report This Post

ann

30th November 2010, 23:27
Wee jock,thank you for your welcome.First time I've been called a "wee hen".I actually did mean 7A.I couldn't get it but Karen gave me a hint.
23 of 51  -   Report This Post

ann

30th November 2010, 23:30
Karen,thank you for your hint.That's me finished now.
24 of 51  -   Report This Post

navigator

1st December 2010, 10:23
Hi Mandala
Many thanks.I'm still learning and only too grateful to be told if I get it wrong.
Regards,
Navigator.

25 of 51  -   Report This Post

mondrian

1st December 2010, 11:03
Welcome Ann and TomCat. Like others I read the contributions for some weeks before joining. Don t regret it one little bit. Was thankful to have the RT yesterday to keep me occupied as I was house-bound. Ventured out today but I gather we are in for more snow. Someone suggested until Friday!!

Philip, if you are back home I bet you are wishing you had stayed in Florida! Welcome back to Radio Times land!
26 of 51  -   Report This Post

mandala

1st December 2010, 12:33
Hi Navigator,

It was a good clue. Keep them coming.
27 of 51  -   Report This Post

mondrian

1st December 2010, 14:26
When I posted earlier today I did not have my usual list of `undone` answers. Have now got it so here goes
9A Wrong for relative to lose a shrub (6)
22A It is an essential past of herbal drink (6
14D Drink thrown over an exceptional star (9)
21D Blasted barrier loudly (4)

There are always four I can`t get. Any help gratefully received.

After my last visit to the library I went to get milk at the corner shop and discovered next RT on sale so of course I couldn`t resist buying it and getting started. So that means another day in the house and not getting started to my Christmas cards!!
28 of 51  -   Report This Post

charlies human

1st December 2010, 16:26
Hello Everyone - just got my RT so thought I would just check in and see how everyone is doing. I wore my new walking crampons today and went striding along, or down rather, my icy pavement like a teenager. It is in this mood of exhilaration that I start the puzzle. Charlie will have a little nap until I've finished.
29 of 51  -   Report This Post

nimrod

1st December 2010, 16:41
Mondrian: 22A - Focus on the word "essential" Use some of these letters to make a word that means herbal infusion.
21D - A word for a barrier & also a mild expletive!
9A - Split clue into 2 parts i)relative spelt wrongly/letter missing (lose a) ii) a genus of strongly scented evergreen shrubs. Both parts = something that is wrong.
Hope this helps NIMROD.
30 of 51  -   Report This Post