CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jono

1st January 2024, 00:45
An easy grid to create an interactive version for, as it's no.15 in the Guardian library. Quite how easy the puzzle is remains to be seen.

Here's a link should it be helpful to any of you...

https://crossword.info/jono/Genius_247_Qaos

Happy New Year!

1 of 45  -   Report This Post

brendan

1st January 2024, 01:56
Thanks as always Jono:-)

Happy New Year
2 of 45  -   Report This Post

brendan

1st January 2024, 01:58
Hmm, looks a tough one if the preamble is anything to go by 🤔
3 of 45  -   Report This Post

buzzybee

1st January 2024, 04:11
Brendan
Yes indeed quite tough. The first sentence of the preamble works quite well, and leads to two words that are related somewhat loosely to the theme. The theme itself appears in three solutions, but is two words, one of 9 letters and one of 10. The manner in which the second sentence is implemented could also be very vaguely related to the theme.
4 of 45  -   Report This Post

buzzybee

1st January 2024, 04:38
A final comment. I never submit solutions, but I cannot see how one should do so. The solutions to the clues can entered in the boxes provided as usual, but the grid itself requires modification as per the final instruction to complete the puzzle.
5 of 45  -   Report This Post

jadzia49

1st January 2024, 05:51
Finished the crossword but can’t see the theme to be highlighted. Anyone kindly give me a nudge? Thanks.
6 of 45  -   Report This Post

jadzia49

1st January 2024, 06:26
As usual, got the theme as soon as I posted. Lol
7 of 45  -   Report This Post

jono

1st January 2024, 11:13
Enjoyed this one. The only part I’m not sure on is how to interpret ”rework the grid’s shading thematically”. I assume this means block out the unused lights.

I’ll wait a few days before entering the solutions online because, as BuzzyBee says, the form doesn’t demonstrate completion of the puzzle as instructed.

Thanks to Qaos for a fun way to start the New Year!
8 of 45  -   Report This Post

jono

1st January 2024, 11:23
Ah, I didn’t know the work well enough, having read the Wiki entry I now see how shading those cells could be considered “thematic”. Very neat!
9 of 45  -   Report This Post

dobby

1st January 2024, 12:24
I just got the theme words. Having not heard of it earlier, I have no clue as to how it relates to shading
10 of 45  -   Report This Post