CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

navigator

14th October 2010, 22:12
The Police.
I am a newcomer but I think this site would be awfully dull if all we did was to give straight answers to the clues.
31 of 44  -   Report This Post

chris4food

14th October 2010, 23:49
Hello all again, and thanks for your help re quick and dead. I'm still at a loss for how the answer was obtained for 22a - and I too went to confirmation - lapsed catholic for my sins - so maybe that's where I'm going wrong!!!
I agree with people's comments that the answers shouldn't be given. I like seeing others' interpretations of the clues, and I feel I'm cheating enough by just using this site!!
Hope you all have a good weekend
Cheers
Chris
32 of 44  -   Report This Post

old gal

15th October 2010, 10:20
Hi everyone! I am almost finished but would like help with 21a and 13d - just cant seem to crack these. Unlike The Police i would prefer guidance only as I like to think i have done some work towards getting the answer.
33 of 44  -   Report This Post

karen

15th October 2010, 10:34
Hi old gal, 21a Old childrens programm,they used to read stories.
13d Sup (drink)+ anagram of 'creamy'. Hope that helps.
34 of 44  -   Report This Post

old gal

15th October 2010, 10:55
Thanks Karen - really, its staring you in the face isn't it? I always feel really stupid that I haven't got it when I get an additional clue.......
35 of 44  -   Report This Post

karen

15th October 2010, 11:18
Hi old gal, thats what keeps us doing cryptics I suppose! What gets me is when I occasionally do 'easy' crosswords and the answer just wont come.....!
36 of 44  -   Report This Post

mondrian

15th October 2010, 16:01
Caravaggio, thank you for the explanation of 7A. I had got the word but still couldn`t `see` it. I wasn`t thinking beavers!! It was kind of you to go to such lengths to enlighten me.

I thought the word `quick` was Shakespearan. I too was confirmed but in the same Christain branch as Chris4food!! However I did recognise the word from the Book of Common Prayer as well.

As an afterthought on the chilean miners, all the publicity prompted me to re-read some of the poems of Chilean poet Pablo Neruda. I was glad to do so. I think he is the only Chilean person of whom I know anything.

See you all next week. Have a good weekend everyone and Nimrod many visits to your garden.
Hope the ladies in Cheshire (and anywhere else for that matter) do not have to wear their gloves this weekend!
37 of 44  -   Report This Post

jeff

15th October 2010, 16:51
Is this a crossword help site or pseuds corner from Private Eye. Anyone for tennis.
38 of 44  -   Report This Post

charlies human

15th October 2010, 19:39

Last week I sent the last message on the thread and so late that I doubt anyone read it! But what I said was how much I enjoy the mental tussle of doing a Cryptic Puzzle and the pleasure I get from the discussion about it and all the other bits and pieces. It's delightful! And my Cat agrees. But that's because, being a cat, he understands whimsicality. So, greetings to you all and I'm glad you are feeling better Nimrod.
39 of 44  -   Report This Post

karen

15th October 2010, 22:17
Hello Mr Human,owner of Charlie,I am also a cat lover,dont get me wrong I dont hate dogs,grew up with them. Can only agree with you and others, there would be no fun at all if folk just gave answers (I'm not saying my clues, or help, can come close to a real crossword compiler,but I love the 'chatter).Love to all Karenx
40 of 44  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 42