CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

karen

13th October 2010, 13:48
Hi Navigator. I see no 'mess'! Just been watching the miners being rescued in Chile. What a human and engineering triumph!
11 of 44  -   Report This Post

nimrod

13th October 2010, 15:10
Good afternoon1
Welcome to Navigator. Your contributions are most welcome and are certainly not a mess!
a lot of anagrams this week. most clues were straight forward, with the exception of 7A. Also, 10A required a bit of thought and shuffling of letters. Quite surprised when just now reading the thread that some found 19A difficult.
Favourite clues were: 21A, 22A, 10A & 5D.
12 of 44  -   Report This Post

nimrod

13th October 2010, 15:15
Postman finally delivered RT around lunch time today. Whatever happened to the first & second delivery of post on the same day?
Thankfully, most mail remains intact when pushed through the letter box!!!
13 of 44  -   Report This Post

butterfly

13th October 2010, 15:35
Well I did have them right after all. Thanks Karen & Navigator for the explanations.
14 of 44  -   Report This Post

chris4food

13th October 2010, 22:15
Hi All, and hello Navigator - I usually blame my eyesight, too, when I can't get the answers, but I can't claim age-related degeneration!!
I liked 8a - got the answer first [as ever] then worked out why - rather clever of the compiler...
Got 19a, but didn't think there was such a word!
Liked 20a and 2d BUT, and BIG BUT, everyone seems to have worked out 22a and I can't see the answer for looking - even after trying to come back to it [time and time again, unfortunately]
I've got
-u-c-
and thought of quick or Dutch, but neither seems to fit properly.... any help, please??
Cheers
Chris
15 of 44  -   Report This Post

butterfly

13th October 2010, 23:16
Hi Chris
Think of the "quick & the dead" - meaning live/living - I think, well that's what I put anyway, unless anyone else can come up with a better answer!
16 of 44  -   Report This Post

philip

14th October 2010, 01:18
Hi Chris
Up late tonight watching the chilean miners and just seen you post.
Websters Thesaurus describes quick as "not dead, living, alive"
Hope that helps
PHILIP
17 of 44  -   Report This Post

navigator

14th October 2010, 08:38
Good morning. "Quick" Still used in some churches' ancient prayer books .."the quick and the dead".
18 of 44  -   Report This Post

mondrian

14th October 2010, 13:27
Greetings Navigator and welcome to this site. Hope to converse again.

By the way Caravaggio I think you must have typed my name by mistake in your earlier contribution. This is the first time I have appeared for No 42. I got on much quicker than usual - all done in one evening except for three - 1A being one and 2D being another, but at least now I know it is a capital city I should be able to find it. I was especially pleased to see my favourite comedian featuring. Regarding 11A, `greeting with hands up`, with the answer I have I would have thought the clue should be `greeting with hand up`. Can anyone explain this?

Thank God for a good outcome for the Chilean miners and I can now stop worrying about them.
19 of 44  -   Report This Post

mondrian

14th October 2010, 13:41
Have just re-read thread for No 41. Welcome to Charlies Human there and here. Hope you will contribute after you have planted your spring bulbs.
20 of 44  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 42