CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

claretgold

24th June 2023, 23:34
2ml? :P

Thanks all. I have the message now, and I think I've worked out all the names. Feels a bit loose but perhaps I am just tired.

Also I'm a little nervous that I've messed up the last down entry, which I have as beginning with ... well the point is that it should be obvious but I need to check the other definition, and don't have a Chambers handy.

I think that will make it my first completed Listener in some years! Phew... feel much better about getting nowhere on last week's now.
31 of 87  -   Report This Post

lumen

24th June 2023, 23:40
Twelve hrs later since I asked for help with 11a, I now have virtually everything else done including category and other words, but still no word to fit 11a. Where have I gone wrong. Cows as in subdues presumably?
32 of 87  -   Report This Post

candledave

24th June 2023, 23:53
lumen - it’s an anagram
33 of 87  -   Report This Post

hotelwhiskey7

25th June 2023, 03:33
Cows as in DBE. You may have crossers wrong if you’re having issues as it’s not an obscure word.
34 of 87  -   Report This Post

lumen

25th June 2023, 07:58
Thanks both. All done now. Yes, I had 'residue' in place all day, instead of the correct answer to the down with definition 'refuse'.
35 of 87  -   Report This Post

granama1

25th June 2023, 09:22
Feeling a bit dim here and wondering if I keep misreading the preamble. Enjoyed the clueing and the grid fill and have 4 words, one of which seems to fit the contents of the unclued lights although it seems a bit loose.

Struggling to find 3 synonyms beginning with the same letter as the category though. Probably spent too much time grid staring trying to find what I was (probably incorrectly) assuming the eighth member would be.

Probably time to tackle the Inquisitor and come back to this to see if the penny drops.
36 of 87  -   Report This Post

kitsune

25th June 2023, 09:30
Enjoyable puzzle, thank you Dysart. Please can I have a nudge for the wordplay for 5a? The answer is obvious but I hate having loose ends!
37 of 87  -   Report This Post

useby

25th June 2023, 09:39
Kitsune, try shortening the name and putting it into your answer. It’s definition was a new one for me.
38 of 87  -   Report This Post

candledave

25th June 2023, 09:46
granama - this is exactly where I was. Your category is slightly wrong
39 of 87  -   Report This Post

useby

25th June 2023, 09:46
I meant
Its…
of course. Auto-sabotage strikes again.
40 of 87  -   Report This Post