CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les 40

17th October 2010, 21:53
Hi all. Nice to see the thread is getting some interest. I've been busy last couple of days, but will get a copy of this weeks Listener and give it a good looking over. Thanks for the link Cruciverbalist, you may well hear from me this week my friend, I'll keep you posted.
31 of 40  -   Report This Post

turast

18th October 2010, 22:58
Isn't life weird. I too have made a very recent decision to start "having a go" at the Listener. I've also been using the Answerbank, and I agree with the tacit understanding between its contributors, that direct answers should not be given. I'd be happy to share thoughts with fellow solvers / sufferers by e-mail turast@hotmail.com
32 of 40  -   Report This Post

ajt

18th October 2010, 23:30
I tried and completed this for the first time this week. I so wish that this code o silence would prevail on some of the other, shall we say, tougher crosswords. More helpful clues, certainly, but I find it extremely galling to have worked hard on, say, Mephisto, to look at a thread later and find the answers given.

I have noticed that on some of the easier xwords, for instance the Sunday Times cryptic, that over the course of a day you could complete it with the answers on various threads.
33 of 40  -   Report This Post

trevor

19th October 2010, 02:15
Careful AJT,my snob alarm is going off!!
some of us - me at least - actually prefer the "easier xwords"even though i can(if i try)solve "tougher crosswords".

"easier xwords" are like doing mental press-ups in a cold shower rather than running backwards up a brainy hill.(probably in your pants because someone stole your Gym kit)

Extra clues are usually so transparent that it would be kinder all round to just shout out the answer.

you knows i luvs ya AJT.
what was the Q ?
34 of 40  -   Report This Post

trevor

19th October 2010, 04:26
ignore nfljerseys
35 of 40  -   Report This Post

les 40

22nd October 2010, 22:56
I'm really impressed with the interest this week. But now I feel ashamed that I never ended up having a go at the Listener, sorry folks, been really busy, only managed one crossword this week. I'll definitely get round to it soon and let you know how I do. Thanks, I really appreciated the feedback.
36 of 40  -   Report This Post

sallyw

23rd October 2010, 12:20
Raining in South Wales, steel grey skies to match the pavements! Rain falling like Niobe's tears! Great crossword weather!
37 of 40  -   Report This Post

ajt

23rd October 2010, 12:23
Where in S Wales do you live Sallyw? I live in Pembs. I was woken by lightning this morning, but skies are fairly blue now.
38 of 40  -   Report This Post

sallyw

23rd October 2010, 12:35
Newport Gwent. It's been raining heavily on and off since about 1am - having said that I do like a bit of rain. It has stopped for the momnet, and the sky is a slightly lighter shade of grey, so maybe it will brighten up!
39 of 40  -   Report This Post

sallyw

23rd October 2010, 16:41
It is now quite sunny here in Newport, blue skies and fluffy white clouds. As to the Listener crossword, I get really excited if I manage to et one clue! :0)
40 of 40  -   Report This Post