CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

karen

17th September 2010, 21:23
Hello J of A, nice to hear from you, most would disagree, but my favourite, was 22a. It was the last one I got, but when I figured it out it made me laugh!x
31 of 46  -   Report This Post

mondrian

18th September 2010, 09:28
Hi Karen. You were in the midst of helping me with clue 12A being an anagram of male union to when you got cut off in mid stream. Am still needing help with it. No one else seems to so am beginning to wonder why my brain is not functioning!! Am also stuck on 13D but will have a go on Quick Solve while I am on line.

Hope we all have a nice weekend.
32 of 46  -   Report This Post

karen

18th September 2010, 10:09
Hi Mondrian, I've just logged on 12a is the anagram of 'male union to' begins 'un',if that helps.
13d is a drug(substitute for heroin) with 'do'(for party)6th and 7th letters,starts with an M. Hope that helps.
33 of 46  -   Report This Post

mondrian

18th September 2010, 14:49
Thanks Karen for your response. Actually as I knew it would the penny did drop while I was eating my lunch. My brain must have been very tired. Also managed to get drug plus a word for a party. See you all next week
34 of 46  -   Report This Post

butterfly

18th September 2010, 20:39
Always seem to be the last on here. Didn't get the RT till Friday. Will try and pick it up earlier next week. Sailed through it till 15a and 14d and still stuck even with all the hints in previous posts.
35 of 46  -   Report This Post

crypto

18th September 2010, 20:49
Hi Butterfly - as mentioned earlier your last two are the same as my last two. Ive added a bit more to the clues I gave previously - good luck.

Re 15a think of what you do when you put a cross on something (Cameron relied on this).

Re 14d Regular poster on this forum (and can be found in a pack of cards but may not be played) round the 'trained bees'.

36 of 46  -   Report This Post

mondrian

20th September 2010, 10:39
Help anyone!! Can someone explain to me the connection between something `sold at Twickenham` to the answer I have for 2D which is also something used by babies? The mannequin bit I do get.

Thank you in advance for putting me out of my misery!!
37 of 46  -   Report This Post

crypto

20th September 2010, 10:45
If you successfully pretend to pass a ball in rugby it is known as 'selling a .....'

Hope that helps.
38 of 46  -   Report This Post

mondrian

20th September 2010, 10:56
Thank you Crypto. You have put me out of my misery. Thank goodness I am not becoming thicker and now know I have a good reason for not knowing that as I have never played rugby!
39 of 46  -   Report This Post

crypto

20th September 2010, 11:00
.....I guess you've been too busy painting (to play rugby).
40 of 46  -   Report This Post