CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

dee

14th September 2010, 18:25
Did sombody call me?
11 of 46  -   Report This Post

karen

14th September 2010, 18:30
Hi all,
Torvic re 22a "slap" is a slang word for make up (cosmetics),as is the answer.
12 of 46  -   Report This Post

chris4food

14th September 2010, 18:46
Hi All, as usual I'm late, but our postie doesn't arrive until 2.30 - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Fell asleep half way though it and woke up galvanised! BUT still stumped on
14d
---s-e-e-
15a - and I know which river, but still not sure of my answer
-e---e-

Any assistance, please???

As Caravaggio says, lots of the clues where blindingly obvious but the above still have me blinkered!
13 of 46  -   Report This Post

crypto

14th September 2010, 19:06
Hi Chris

Re 15a think of what you do when you put a cross on something (thinking of the right 'something' is the key)

Re 14d Regular poster on this forum round the 'trained bees'.
14 of 46  -   Report This Post

bees

14th September 2010, 19:10
It might be simple to you lot, it'll keep me busy (as in bees) for hours yet.
15 of 46  -   Report This Post

chris4food

14th September 2010, 19:18
Cheers, Crypto, re 15a I'd got the river but was thinking more of a person's name Desiree!!! But, as a lapsed Catholic, was thinking of the wrong type of cross!!!!
Now to work on 14d
16 of 46  -   Report This Post

torvic

14th September 2010, 20:45
Karen, I knew that slap was slang for make-up and that the second half of the answer is also slang. I still think it's the worst clue I've seen in RT. I also think that the answer is normally two words.
17 of 46  -   Report This Post

karen

14th September 2010, 22:08
Hi Torvic, in my dictionary (Oxford) its one word. I've just checked it!Karen x
18 of 46  -   Report This Post

philip

15th September 2010, 22:20
Hello everyone
See we are slipping down the list today, so thought I would bring us back to the top, simply by saying that I have not even started this weeks, as`we have visitors (from guess where, bloody Cheshire?) so I am expected to be sociable and drive then round Surrey. Hope to get round to it tomorrow, so will add my comments then.
PHILIP
19 of 46  -   Report This Post

philip

16th September 2010, 20:34
Did not think it was too bad this week, but one or two tenuous clues as stated previously and some more suited to the "easy clues"

However, I rather liked 21a

PHILIP

PS A freiend of mine tried to get on the AB site yesterday and was blocked by Gooogle as it allegedly contained malware. Seems to be OK now though. Anyone else had the same problem?
20 of 46  -   Report This Post