CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mondrian

17th September 2010, 11:48
Flipper2law - When I started a thread on 15th I hadn`t noticed you had already started one on 14th, my apologies. Can`t think how I came to miss yours. Still stuck on various clues but will have another go. It often amazes me how after hours of thinking about a clue the answer suddenly appears as if from nowhere!!
21 of 46  -   Report This Post

karen

17th September 2010, 14:51
Hi Mondrian, how are you getting on? Just ask if you need any help. The sites very quiet today!
22 of 46  -   Report This Post

mondrian

17th September 2010, 15:27
Karen how kind of you to offer me much needed help. Yes, 12A Reserved male union to merge is a real puzzle.

Chris4food. How interesting that you should tell us you are a lapsed catholic this week. Does that mean you are a latitudinarian!!!?

Nice to be in contact.
23 of 46  -   Report This Post

karen

17th September 2010, 15:50
Hi Mondrian, sorry Ive been off line.re 12a anagram of male union to.
24 of 46  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

17th September 2010, 16:07
Hi All,
Stuck in lower left:- 13 & 14 down and 21 & 23 across.
Haven't a clue about them.Rest done - for me nearly a miracle on Friday.
25 of 46  -   Report This Post

karen

17th September 2010, 16:13
Hi Flipper,I cant think of another clue for 13d but can give you the answer.14d anagram of bees+joker
26 of 46  -   Report This Post

karen

17th September 2010, 16:20
23a is in the first word,its every other letter start with O
21a 2 lettered word for poster + "this Place".
Hope that makes sense, post back if Ive just confused you!
27 of 46  -   Report This Post

crypto

17th September 2010, 16:26
Hi Flipper

Some clues (don't read any further if you don't want them - as they say, look away now!)

13d the answer is a drug made of a word meaning party surrounded by a type of gas.

21a the answer means stick made up of a word for poster + a word for this place (i.e. where you are now).

23a the word 'regular' in a clue is often an indicator of taking letters at a regular interval from a part of the clue - the answer relates to 'long ago'

Hope that helps.

28 of 46  -   Report This Post

crypto

17th September 2010, 16:28
Sorry Karen didn't mean to 'steal your thunder' - only just come on-line and I should have noticed that the recent postings were current.
29 of 46  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

17th September 2010, 20:26
Sorry, I'm late again this week. The RT didn't arrive until Wednesday afternoon as we had no ferries for a day due to the gales. I also had to fix a Marshall combo need for a gig tonight. Luckily it just needed a couple of new valves and some new electrolytic capacitors. A nice sounding amp from 1987 gets a new lease of life!

Anyway I finished it last night whilst watching part 2 of Gareth Malone and the non-reading boys. Hmmm, that seems to be becoming a ritual doesn't it.

Nothing very obscure this week. In fact I thought 21A & 24A were rather "jolly" little clues. I have to wonder what a lapsed catholic would be thinking of with an answer like DE + SIRE+ E?

Lets hope I can make it earlier next week.
30 of 46  -   Report This Post