CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

9th October 2018, 15:01
MM, here's a massive hint... or two

Both the clues you mentioned (re the parsing) are involved - separately - in the anagrams. The third person has a relatively uncommon letter in his forename, so look for that.
51 of 74  -   Report This Post

keepatit

9th October 2018, 16:49
In case it’s of interest, the parsing of 1ac, which is indeed BORN, is as follows. Look at the periodic table and you will find B (boron) OR N (nitrogen) alongside C (carbon). Neatly thematic
52 of 74  -   Report This Post

manic mary

9th October 2018, 18:17
Oh my goodness keepatit, that is way beyond my physics/chemistry capabilities, in fact, I am just going to say Thank you all so much for all the hints and help, have found 5 of the 6 needed clues but I am afraid the instruction etc is way above my head. Will now concentrate on the Griddler for the rest of this week. Many thanks again.
53 of 74  -   Report This Post

malone

9th October 2018, 18:24
MM, keepatit's stuff wasn't needed - thank goodness - for solving! If you have five of the six clues, I'm sure it wouldn't take you too long to track down the last one. The instruction wasn't too tricky - just a small amount of counting and then the hints here tell you where to find what's needed. It was all worth it - honest!
54 of 74  -   Report This Post

manic mary

9th October 2018, 18:51
Kind words Malone but you really don't know what a monumental block physics /chemistry is, total panic! Many thanks again to all and I am sure I will be on my knees begging for help next week.
55 of 74  -   Report This Post

malone

9th October 2018, 18:57
MM, that's fine - I just didn't want you to miss out. I feel very much the same as you about physics and chemistry, but there was only a tiny bit of the former in this!

Keepatit, I forgot to say 'thanks'. Ginge's post pointed me in the right direction and I got the required information - then left that horrible stuff as quickly as I could!
56 of 74  -   Report This Post

jigjag

9th October 2018, 22:06
MM

I would like to join Malone and urge you to finish this. You are almost there.

Take a pair of entries and jumble the letters to get the first name and surname of a physicist. Repeat for the other 2. You already know the names. The instruction is easy to follow as Malone says. That gives you the number which the various hints tell you is between 105 and 109.
Then look up the number in Malones Table - very satisfactory result.

Please do it - it is well worth it. You dont need to know any physics.

57 of 74  -   Report This Post

chrise

9th October 2018, 22:12
I don't do these, jigjag, but I've followed your hint - if it's 106 he discovered (created?) more elements than anyone else in history...
58 of 74  -   Report This Post

malone

9th October 2018, 22:17
You're almost there with the number, ChrisE ...but only almost!
59 of 74  -   Report This Post

manic mary

10th October 2018, 19:23
Now you are all making me feel very guilty, I really will have to throw the towel in even though I know what table we are looking at. However, my SE corner is still lacking and although I have 1/2 the fuzzy haired genius's name, I just can't track the rest of him down.........please let me retreat with dignity and plead for help another day!
60 of 74  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1351